4.3.09

Do racing stripes really make you go faster?

May be...

  • That is a ridiculous and idiotic assertion. Stay in school.
  • The first racing stripe I saw was on one Ford's first GT-40's.It was an overpowered, ill handlong beast, with a forward seating position, and a rounded nose. Therefore, it was impossible to tell when the thing was going straight. Somebody painted a stipe out in front of the steering wheel down the nose for a refference. When the driver kept the car going in a straight line it went faster. Yes in that case it made the car faster. The car won, and everybody had to have a stripe.
  • Yes it does, for cars it adds about 1/2 horsepower, and mopeds a bit less. Even for runners, the Adidas stripes give you a little boost. For bicycles, if your frame has a stripe painted across, it give you just as much aerodynamics effect as tri-spoke wheels. I have two stripes painted on my laptop and it boots up fasterer. Why do you think all the race cars, racers of all kind have a stripe?? People need to realize the power of the stripes it gives you.
  • I highly doubt it. Maybe I should put racing stripes on my stomach so I will run faster for track.
  • I understand that if you put racing stripes on cars etc it makes them go faster. There is no evidence against this fact and lots for it(lots of fast cars have them and are quite fast). I am thinking about putting stripes on my moped and i was just wondering if anybody has some real evidence for this. My friends told me that i should get the stripes and that i would go alot faster but here i am for help. I need advice on whether or not you generally think its a good idea and whether it will be safe to add extra speed to my moped. Please dont leave comments like go faster stripes dont work if you dont have any evidence. Thanks in advance.leather-mail-bag
  • No comments: