7.3.09

DW says Kyle is the greatest driver in the last 30 years?

May be...

  • DW is certainly no expert. He's got some knowledge, but no expert. Kyle has got balls, you've got to give credit where credit is due. But you have got to remember DW thinks his brother is a great driver. But then that goes back to the Greatest intimidator because he gave Michael a chance when no one else would. A lot has got to do with luck, equipment, and the big man in the sky , lord knows he has some of the greatest up there racing around.
  • DW will say anything when he gets excited.Kyle is a great driver but that is a pretty bold(and totally untrue) statement.To say that would mean that Kyle is better than the likes of Dale Earnhardt,Jeff Gordon,Jimmie Johnson,Bill Elliott,DW himself,and others that are far greater than Kyle as of now.
  • D.W. is a few bricks short of a full load , Busch is good but i don't think that good yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • That's interesting. I believe Kyle is a great driver and could be one of the greatest in the future, but I don't think he is the greatest right now. He still has a long way to go. I think Dale Earnhardt, Sr. and Jeff Gordon are the greatest drivers from the last 30 years.
  • Do you agree? I like him but he had ONE good year. DW is a little too far up his @ss.
  • Kyle is a great and talented driver but we can say hes the greatest yet we just have to wait and see in the future years to come :)
  • Kyle is a good driver. Kyle still has alot to learn.DW is a retard. I wish he would retire so we didn't have to hear his stupid comments during the race.
  • I guess it depends on how you look at it. He may very well be the most talented, yes. But he hasn't begun to really accumulate the wins and championships. So we'll see. DW, like him or not, certainly knows more about talent and racing than either you or I. That comment also sounds like it was taken out of context somewhat. I doubt DW is saying he has had a better career than Earnhart, Gordon, etc like people here are trying to say he was saying. "Greatest driver in 30 years" if he said that , can be interpreted in several different ways. And I can't believe how many people here are saying DW is a retard?! Just because you don't agree with some of what comes out of his mouth? The guy has been there, done that in Nascar. I guess most of you other guys and gals here have won dozens of races and a championship?
  • Kyle Bucsh is bad *** though and though. He is hungery and driven. DW is just telling it like it is.
  • I think it's easy for television commentators to get carried away with someone like Kyle. He gives them a lot to talk about. People love him, and people hate him, which makes for good TV. However, it does seem like Kyle gets a lot of praise from older drivers from Waltrip's era. It's kind of tough to compare driver's from different eras because the sport has changed so much.

    I just thought of this: anyone who watched the pre race show on Fox last Sunday, saw an interview with Jeff Gordon in which he said "I wish I was as talented as Kyle..." I guess that can give everyone something to think about.
  • I dont agree with DW! He is a good driver but one of the greatest is still to be determined. 13 wins doesn't make you the greatest in 30 years. Heck, DW thought last night during qualifying that Kyle was running in all three of the upper series that are at Atlanta. That would be ok but the Nationwide series has the weekend off. He is in love with Almandinger and Kyle.
  • In the last 30 years Dale Earnhardt won 7 championships, Jeff Gordon won 4 championships, and Jimmie Johnson won 3 championships in a row. Not to mention Richard Petty who won 4 of his 7 championships since 1972.

    Kyle's good. He's won a lot of races. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if he lives up to DW's claim.
  • That's a bold statement. Let's not crown this guy yet. Going back thirty years there have been many drivers I can think of who had many more accomplishments.
  • he may be right
  • Kyle is not the best in 30 years,1 good year,a couple so so,this question needs to be asked in 5 years!
  • In my world it's true...in reality, it's a bit premature to say about a 23 year old. He is good though..
  • I think he could end up being the best in the last 30 years, but it's too early to say. He's definitely got talent though, and he generally knows how to use it.

    DW and Richard Petty both have stated that Kyle Busch is the best driver they've seen in a long time now. That says a lot to me considering the careers they had.
  • I tell you Kyle B is good...He may just surprise us all this season.I would like to see a new face holding the cup at the end of the season.
  • Kyle is a very good race car driver however he has alot of good competion like, Stewart, Gordon, Edwards, and Johnson so to say that is pretty far out there. However everyone has a right to there own opinion.
  • DW has had his lips all over Kyle's behind the last couple of years. Yes, Shrub has really picked up on the COT faster than anyone else but he STILL has no championships to show for it in any series. He is probably the best there is at car control but to be a complete driver you have to learn patience and self restraint at times. If Shrub can ever do that he will undoubtedly be a champion but he has a long way to go to be considered the best driver in the last 30 years. By my recollection that means DW is saying that he's better than the winners of multiple championships including Dale Earnhardt Sr., Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson. I would not put him in that company now and possibly never, I want to see what he does over the long haul. Heck, I had him 3rd on my draft board THIS year for fantasy racing, behind Jimmie Johnson and Carl Edwards.
    4's FINE N 09!!!!
  • That may be the smartest thing DW has ever said.

    Look at Kyle's age. I can't only name one driver who had this many wins at age 23. Not Earnhardt, Petty, Allison, Pearson, Richmond, or Gordon...

    Only Kyle Busch...and this is only the beginning.

    DW will be proven right within the next few years. Which is odd for him
  • He is a very good driver, but IMO it's hard to compare a driver that's only been in the sport for 5 or so years to the likes of multiple champions such as Jeff Gordon. Jimmie Johnson and Dale Sr.

    Kyle has the potential to be one of the greatest drivers in history, but he hasn't even won a dang championship yet.

    DW has lost it.
  • He's good, but I am TIRED of DW. He is so obviously biased toward a few certain drivers.
  • He's a hell of a driver. Don't get me wrong. I can't stand him. But the boy can drive a racecar.

    However, I think that all good things must end sometimes. And I think that if Kyle is gonna be the legend that everyone says, he's got A LOT of maturing to do.

    Time'll tell
  • Kyle is a great driver, but it's definitely too soon in his career to tell.
  • I agree with you. When did DW say that??? Are you sure?? He had one good year and Jeff Gordon, Dale Sr., Richard Petty, Jimmie Johnson etc...all had numerous good years. I wonder what DW meant?? Do you have a link to the story???
  • He's one of the best I've seen the last 30 years. He may be the best some day. He's had several good years since he was 17. Don't give me that one good year crap. He made the chase twice in the 5.
  • He is pretty darn Good... We will have to wait and see about the best in 30 years thing though!
  • Well DW says a lot of things, LOL!!
    Now I will admit that Kyle had an awesome year, and yes that boy has talent but I think it's a little early to be saying stuff like that. So I agree with you totally!vietnamese beauty expo
  • No comments: