31.5.09

Do you think I should make a bet with my neighbor?

May be...

  • A friendly bet? Go for it, you might just win, and if not, no big deal as long as you had fun.
  • If it's all in fun, why not?

    Instead of twenty bucks, why not bet a bbq get together...that way no matter who wins, you both enjoy it...
  • My neighbor is a die-hard Jeff Gordan fan and I am a die-hard Tony Stewart fan. Should I goad him into making a bet about who finishes best this year? His driver is leading in the points but my driver typically finishes the season strong.
    The bet won't be for more than $20 and we'll still be friends no matter what. Bet or no bet? ( I like to win)..
  • I hate to be a "myth buster", but the reason Tony did that was because Zippy save the major portion of his budget for the second half of the season, so while other teams were running low on things like money, he had resources left.. Zippy ain't his crew chief, and it will make a difference, but here's the thing.. Tony has been getting stronger every race, so it may be a self fulfilling prophesy, because if this continues he will be a factor.. So many possibilities.. Love this sport..

    Edit:The year Earnhardt won the Daytona 500, was the first time I made a NASCAR bet on line.. I won $750.. The odds were great, because he had never won it before.. I think that's funny..
  • sure why not its a harmless bet
  • For 20 bucks i'd make the bet. Tony just may kick Gordo's but this year. I hope not but he may. My sister-in-law would kill me for saying that...hahaha!!
  • I would make the bet because it's only for $20, but Gordon will probably finish better than Stewart based on what he has done so far at tracks that are in the Chase.
  • Sure, why not it sound's like fun. Have him cut your lawn while your at it. If Jeff win's you might have to clean some dish's though. Enjoy!!
  • Sure, why not have some fun with it. Both Jeff and Tony are running well so you both have a fair shot at it. But make it more interesting than $20 or money. If you win, make him mow your lawn in a tiny women's bikini. If he wins, you have to bow down to him in a busy public place and swear that he is your master and king of your whole world. Whatever you guys think would embarrass the $h!t out of the other. Something fun and yet humiliating.
  • Oh absolutely! I've always found a friendly bet always makes the race a little more interesting!
  • Go ahead and make the bet...it's only $20 and too early to tell especially with those two. But I tell you it will be exciting to watch both of them.
    I made a bet with a Jimmie Johnson fan ... if Kyle finishes better by the end of the season... he gets me a subscription for my favorite magazine...and if Jimmie comes out ahead then I make him a cheesecake a month until the Daytona 500 2010. So I will say to him "go ahead and drop that subscription in the mail" or he says "got those cheesecakes going yet??"
    Its all in fun and you can do it as well.relative humidity
  • No comments: