1.6.09

Edwards to Yates??????

May be...

  • I wouldn't doubt it it's not a big secret that Carl doesn't really get along with his Roush team mates. I think any team would be lucky and happy to get him.
  • I can actually see that happening. There is something off in the chemistry between Roush's top-3 drivers (Edwards, Kenseth, Biffle). We have seen them tangle time-and-time again on AND off the track, with yet another (minor) incident between the #16 & #99 today at Dover. There doesn't seem to be a real sense of give-and-take teamwork at Roush like you see over at HMS. Then you have the "other" Roush drivers (McMurray and Ragan) who kinda seem lost in the mix at times. It wouldn't surprise me to see The Cat In The Hat shake things up just a bit in hopes of finding that team chemistry that isn't there right now.
  • Nope will not happen...
  • Dw was saying that he expects jamie and another big roush driver to go to yates and then have another car to do something with, young guy or free agent. What do you think about this?
  • I don't think that will happen. Carl hasn't been doing as great as last year, but he is very talented and marketable. I don't see why Roush would fire him. Plus, Edwards is signed thru 2011 anyway. McMurray and Ragan are the only Roush drivers that have contracts ending this year, so I'm sure either one of them will go to Yates.
  • Open season on free agents.

    I think they need to open it up to more smaller teams.
  • I can see cousin Carl going to Yates..... I just don't imagine him in a different car though. Plus, Yates now only has one driver since Travis Kvapil's team went belly up. both those drivers aren't that good. Now they just have Paul Menard, plus Paul isn't that good either.
    Personally I think Carl should go there before Yates itself is bankrupt.

    I can see Jamie Mac going there too because I think he is about to get the Axe from Jack Roush.
  • Normally I would say no never going to happen, but after the last few years with Jr going to HMS and Stewart Leaving Gibbs I would say anything is possible.
  • That would be cool Edwards and Jamie to Yates.Maybe that would help out Yates racing to get back on there feet.
  • I wouldnt put a whole lot of stock in what DW says. He doesnt remember what he said the previous lap much less the status of a driver or team. Yates is a Roush satelite team just like Stewart/Haas-HMS. So if it does happen its not a biggie.
  • Jamie's definitely gone, no doubt about that. He sucks. Stewart-Haas is essentially part of Hendrick and Yates is essentially part of Roush. This is how more drivers are added to teams. McMurray may go to Yates and drive basically a Roush ford, but I don't believe Edwards will leave the name Roush Racing. That would stir up too much. David Ragan might move over or they could boot Menard. They could always just start another team on the Yates side for a driver like Erik Darnell. Roush Racing is doing just fine with The Biff, Kenseth, and Edwards all in the chase right now.
  • I think that would be the biggest mistake of his life.
  • Roush has to get down to 4 cars for next year so someone has to leave. Since Yates is pretty much a satellite team to Roush it makes sense that someone would go. That way Roush still has the same number of cars to get data from to help them keep up with Hendrick and his satellite teams. Honestly it would change nothing.resetting odometer
  • No comments: