19.5.08

Did any of you think that the All Star race was the most boring race this year?

May be...

  • it was boring to me because jeff gordon dropped from 2nd to like 15th and stayed there for pretty much the whole race. other than that it was alright
  • the 600 better be good
  • Boring. They barly even touched!!!!!!!!
    And the only reason Kasey Kahne won is cause of the fan vote!
  • They should have not changed the format. It was pretty boring. A lot of hype at first but they should have invert the starting spots at the end of each segment.
  • It was okay, but I've seen better Allstar races in the past, but it was cool to see Kasey win.. I was hoping for a Kurt and Kyle encore..

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • yea it was pretty boring
  • nope I liked it
  • yeah i agree, there were no real cautions.... but i was so excited that Kasey won, he's my man
  • i thought it was boring but not because i like to see crashes. i thought it was boring because the field consistently got so spread out, and although some people were able to pass easily, there was no "three-wide" racing, no bumpin', no bangin', no rubbin' and hardly any exciting racing. every "segment winner" walked away with it. there wasn't one segment where there was "a race to the line".

    and "purple," quit overgeneralizing. some of us real nascar fans like to see good hard clean racing, cars in packs, and at least some "three-and-four wide goin' into the corner..." and a wreck every now and then is not such a bad thing - at least it shows someone was TRYING, not TESTING all night.

    the most exciting bits of the night were kyle's crew bowing for the fans, egging them on, and dale jarret "racin' the big brown truck," (so to speak), giving a last wave to his fans from the track. oh yeah, the "miss sprint cup" girls. definitely on my highlight reel.

    and of course, the fact that a fan vote winner actually came from the back and won the race, that was really cool, but that was it. i can't imagine how boring the highlight reel for this race will be come next year's all-star week - at least compared to previous all-star races. they'll never make a half-hour special about this one.
  • What made it that way?
    I wanted to see some beatin and bangin, no matter who won!
  • the outcome was great GO KAHNE#9
  • No I think the All-Star was exciting despite no cautions. no doubt the Open was more exciting. I think the Darlington race was the worst. The leader being up to 8 seconds above the 2nd placer? No, just no.
  • Kinda. I did not like this year's format. I like the invert better. Makes the best of the best on this given Saturday night rise to the top by doing some racing thru the pack. I hope they go back to the old format next year.
  • It was quite tame by All Star Race standards, which was the only thing that gave it a chance at NOT being boring.

    1.5 mile tracks + COT = BORING, CRAPPY RACE! It's been proven at all 1.5milers so far this year.
  • I didnt think it was boring but thats just my thoughts on it.
  • No not boring. I like the different segments and the races were pretty competitive really. I mean there were some real fun things going on there.
  • The people that thought it was boring where the people that only like the sport cuz they crash

    So it was not boring
  • Yes, it was nothing but boring. Ride around for 25 laps, make pit stop, ride around for 25 more laps, take 10 minute break. Go back and ride around another 25 laps, make pit stop, go back and make 25 more laps. Race over. No cautions, no nothing. Yeah, it was really boring.
  • I didn't find it boring at all. I was there, though, and able to watch my driver drive from 24th up to 6th place. Pit and come out 2nd. Drop to 3rd and go on to win. I haven't seen Kasey cut through the field that well in a long time! I was happy!
  • No comments: