23.5.08

Looking back a last years 600...?

May be...

  • I don't like it when a team wins by fuel mileage, but strategy is part of the game!
  • There's been a lot of races won by fuel mileage. A win is a win to me. Doesn't matter how you get to the checkers, just matters if you get there first.
    Don't know where everyone is. Maybe they're starting their Memorial Day weekend early. Hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday!
  • Love them. Outwit, Outlast, Outdrive!!
  • Somewhat...I like crash filled races, and those won by pit strategy.
  • I love 'em. I wouldnt want to see them each week but the end of them are always filled with drama and excitement. Whats NOT to like about a fuel mileage race? A car has an advantage when it has more power. Why should a car making good mileage not occasionally have an advantage on the field. And if we only want the fastest cars to win, then why run the race at all? Its why you play the game- to see what will happen.
  • I am here!

    I do like the fuel milage races. I don't want anyone I am rooting for to run out at the end of course but it sure makes for an exciting finish.
  • I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF SOMEONE WINNING BY GAS MILEAGE BUT....I LOVE WATCHING DRIVERS THAT THINK THEY'RE GONNA WIN RUN OUT OF GAS WITH 1 LAP TO GO.......LIKE WHEN STEWART RAN OUT IN LOUDON ALLOWING JOE NEMECHEK TO STEAL ONE.
  • I don't think fuel mileage will be as critical as the cars having mechanical issues. It will be interesting to see how the Toyota teams will do.
  • Do you like fuel mileage races?

    Where is everyone today?
  • No I don't like fuel mileage races. You hate to see someone dominate the race and then lose to someone who had been in 20th all day that only got a splash of fuel.

    To me, it's not strategy, but really can ruin a race. I thought Mark Martin was going to finally win at Phoenix earlier this season, only to lose it do to the pit strategies...so I think all in all races that come down to fuel mileage are not that exciting.
  • If every race went green or didn't have caution flags, they'd all be fuel mileage races. It's fun to watch the strategy play out and see who can gamble and make it pay off. Tony Stewart coasting for about 3/4 of a lap a few years ago to win the race was the weirdest thing I've seen with fuel mileage. I think it was at Kansas where he coasted out of fuel almost a full lap to steal the win. I kept waiting for someone to pass him and noone ever did. I will never forget that. Everybody's going on vacation.
  • No comments: