21.5.08

How long before David Ragan picks up a bunch of fans on his bandwagon?

May be...

  • I like him now, too bad he drives for Roush.

    I watched a special on Speed about him. His dad offered him a brand new Corvette if he would walk away from racing when he was 16, and he said he wanted to race instead. That's pretty cool.
  • When he starts winning of course, then he will be the "Best Driver Ever"
  • He's already got me. He has really stepped it up from this point last year, and I think he's making people notice him. Just look at my answer to "If Jr. Is not the best...?"
  • I can vouch for superdave.
    I like David, mainly because of his nationwide sponsorship, Discount Tire Co. my husband manages one of their stores, so we always pull for whoever's in that ride..
  • I have always loved him!!!!! I met him last year at Chicagoland!!! He is awesome!!!!
  • i predict that this time next year, all the so called kyle busch fans on here will drop him and jump on ragans bandwagon. the kid can drive, he's going to be a star, i've been telling people that all year.
  • as soon as he gets a little too loose and knocks rowdy out of a race...

    sad but true...

    ;-)
  • Well I don't know about other people but David has been one of my favorite drivers for almost a year now. I think he has a lot of talent! Also he is really good at learning from his mastakes. I think he will make the chase this year!
    (IM NOT ON HIS BANDWAGON!)

    GO DAVID #6
  • Hard to tell. He is doing better, so probably not long. Problem is, I never did like "bandwagon jumpers". Weak and fickle!

    Go Jr.>>>>
  • Tom G, I have already put him under my umbrella of drivers I pull for. I did that quite a few weeks ago, just ask Tbone or Winter Glory if I did. I am not a bandwagon kinda man. I stick to the ones I pull for through thick and thin.
  • I have recently become a Ragan fan. In fact, I just bought one of his diecasts this past weekend. But I don't jump on bandwagons. I'm a member of the Bowtie Brigade , and I'm not a Roush fan in the least. However, Ragan has impressed me with a couple of his interviews. He had a tough year last year, and he's weathered the storm well. He was being bashed on many forums and being called a wrecker. But he made it through that year and is steadily improving. I admire that. I admire when people overcome adversity (of some sort) to become successful. He also seems like a genuinely nice and sincere guy. The story he told on Trackside was great too. Stewart was pi$$ed at him for a wreck David caused and wasn't even returning his calls. Then they both ended up at the same charity event. David paid several thousand dollars for one of the charity prizes of a ride around the track with Stewart. He figured Stewart couldn't avoid him if they were both in the same car. Any person that has the guts to sit in the same car with Stewart knowing he's pi$$ed as hell at you has a lot of courage and heart, especially since it was to apologize and make amends, not a particularly empowering position to be in. Yeah, I'm now a David Ragan fan and can't wait to see him win his first race. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same about him for similar reasons, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's gaining more and more fans each passing week. I wouldn't call them bandwagoners, though, since I think it's due to his actions on AND off the track.
  • No comments: