23.5.08

Did the Schlitz beer co. ever sponsor TONY STEWART when he was coming up thrue the ranks???

May be...

  • I'll give you the same answer I did last time:

    I've been collecting Stewart diecasts, and I have done plenty of searches on ebay for them. I've never seen one for Schlitz. If I had, I'd have it. Heh heh.

    Unless they sponsored a car he drove in another series like the IRL or USAC. I read his book to, and I don't remember anything about that. Seems like something I'd remember. It'd be cool if somebody knew for sure. I know he mentioned it last year, that he drank Schlitz. His comments after winning at Chicagoland last year:

    "And I've got a case of Schlitz that I fully intend on getting to the bottom of the cardboard box on tonight, even if I have to do it by myself. I don't care, it's going to happen. That's if I don't pass out first."

    Then he punctuated the air with a burst of laughter before continuing.

    "You guys laugh at me like nobody drinks Schlitz anymore," he added. "The good thing is they stock it close to home and it's only about eight bucks a case, cold. And if you've got a couple of roommates and you've got seven in the fridge when you leave, you've got seven in the fridge when you come back. You're not supporting everybody else's drinking habits."

    @smoken20girl: Is that true? He would have been like 11. Would that be legal? I'm genuinely interested.
  • if not, they should have, for all the publicity he's given them...
    ;-)
  • If so when and what type of racing?
  • Not that I know of!
  • yes he did back in 1982 or 1983 when he was racing migits, and go carts! but never in nascar or world of out law!

    if you have any questions for him email him @tonystewartlive@sirius-radio.com or call him monday from 8pm to 10pm at 1800-pit-lane
  • how many times are you going to ask that
  • No comments: