6.5.08

Okay.. do u think Casey Mears blew a tire or did he pull a slide job on Micheal W.?

May be...

  • No, I don't think Mears blew the tire until after he hit Michael. I think he simply had a bonehead moment and didn't even see him. I also think his spotter was either taken completely by surprise that Mears would move up the track that way, wasn't doing his job by telling Mears he was clear, or Mears doesn't listen to his spotter much.

    Michael did diserve to sit out the rest of the race. I like Michael, I really do, but he even admits he did it on purpose. I was dissapointed for him, and I did laugh when he retaliated, and I probably would have done the same thing.

    As for what Kyle did....I honestly don't think Kyle did it on purpose. I think he is guilty of over aggressive driving and nothing more. He needs to mature and learn that if you are going to race the leader, ANY leader, then you have to make sure if you drive that hard you have control of your car. The intent was not there like it was with what Michael did, so I can see why NASCAR didn't punish him in anyway.

    As for Hamlin... I think NASCAR needs to hand out stiffer punishments that just two laps. After all, he would have went two laps down anyway by coming in to get his tire fixed. So really it was like NASCAR didn't hand him any punishment at all.

    The incident on pit road with Tony Stewart is what confused me the most. The guy in front of him, and sorry I can't think who the driver was, stopped short in his box. Tony was mad, and I would have been too. But, we all know that Tony purposely gave him a shot on the way out of his pit box. I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing, or he wasn't justified in doing it. But, why was Michael punished and Tony wasn't?

    NASCAR officials have got to be more consistent. It can't be okay for one driver and not another.
  • I don't think his tire blew before the contact with Waltrip. I was at the race, in turn 4 where it started, and I think he just didn't see Michael there; he even stated so after the fact. As for the thought that Denny stopped just to allow Busch to get into Jr....What about the second shooter on the hill??
  • Casey He had a communication problem with his spotter. He thought he was clear of Waltrip. Waltrip was very mad, but should not have involved his car. He got parked the rest of the night. Denny should have pit knowing he had a tire going down. But he knew his teammate had a chance. I think he helped Kyle. And kyle and Jr,............... That's Just RACING!!!!!!!!!
  • And...is it fair what he got?.. as opposed to Denny stopping and Kyle taken out Jr.
    I think Its Complete BS!
    WHAT do u think?
  • I have to admit I liked the incident between the two but you cant put someones safety at risk no matter if you think there was no chance of harm or not. I think it was a honest mistake by Casey and his spotter. Sometimes that stuff happens, look at what Kevin Lepage did during the Nationwide race at Dega when him and his spotter didn't communicate well.
  • He said that he just didn't know Waltrip was there. He had a communication problem with his spotter.
  • He obviously pulled a slide job...
  • I think Casey made a bad move didn't see Waltrip and went up and into him. Mikey paid him back, then Mikey got his pay back.

    I don't think Denny should have stopped to pull the caution & he paid for that. I did feel terrible for Denny though they guy worked his tail off all day long.

    Kyle taking out Junior I do think it was just hard racing....rubbin and bumpin all the way. I couldn't have felt worse for Junior though. Never the less Kyle Bush is a jerk, period.
  • heres an article about what happened

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt...
  • I am the BIGGEST Mikie fan in the world, and there have been times when he is stupid. I'm glad he did pay Mears back. BUT, whenever something like that happens, they hold them a lap, not the rest of the race. I guess there weren't too many laps left, but the rest of the race? That's unfair. How many times there have been drivers that bang each other back and forth, and Nascar doesn't take them off of the track. If you are not one of popular ones, forget it. Nascar makes their own rules...And yes, I am whinning.....Sorry.
  • I watched the TV show last night and they have both kissed and made up. Michael said that he never knew what it took to get "parked" by NASCAR but he knows now............Mears spotter blew it and Waltrip retaliated by pushed him down the straight a way!! It was pretty good stuff.
  • I HEARD THAT MIKEY BLEW A "TRANNY" BEFORE....
    EEEWWWWW! HOPE HE DIDN'T GET ANY FLUID ON HIM!!
  • No comments: