9.5.08

What do you think about special paint schemes?

May be...

  • Yeah, I have the Dale Jr Mountain Dew Die Cast got it on monday, I'm going to have to get a part time job soon, I want that new National Guard Camo one also...I'm sure DW is gonna be so excited to see the Mountain Dew car on Sunday take the green flag he won't be able to contain himself.. I love different paint schemes but I'm being more selective now, since Dale Jr has a zillion new paint schemes this yr, and I hear theres more AMP ones to come, after all Amp comes several different color cans..Maybe I'll start getting the smaller ones..This is a expensive habit/hobby..

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • I love them, I have the original silver select car and I paid a ton of $$$ to get it, then Action decided to re-release it in the Life Time Series that they done for Sr. Which by the way really upset me because now the car really isn't worth what it use to be. It turned me off from buying alot of diecast, but I still love the change of pace.

    Sorry for the rant, that's something I could go on for days about.

    Also, just for a little added knowledge for newer folks or future collectors, the Silver Select car was the first real special paint scheme in NA$CAR.
  • A couple a year would be cool , I'm a collector myself . I also used to be a dealer , gave it up because I couldn't stock all the paint schemes people wanted .Still have hundreds left from mid '90's to about '01, hats and T's too . Anybody want anything special , I might have it. Very little for JR & SR cause that's who I collect. Got a few hundred thousand cards also .
  • To me it really depends on what the paint job is. Some I like and others I don't. They have to be really cool for me too like them.
  • you must have not seen this 1

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14846694@N0...

    but i cant wait to see it on the track an on tv
  • I like them, Jr usually has the best ones.
  • I like them I mean yeah, it's kinda a pain in the a*s when you collect diecasts, but there are some really cool ones. The biggest pain is finding them in the cheap stuff(aka Wal-Mart) although I do have Jr's camo scheme from last year, and all the DEI Dale Sr tribute cars. Scary thing is I called that retro Dew scheme months ago.
  • Dale Jr is running the retro Mt Dew car this weekend ( I'll bet ole' DW is even more excited when he says Boogity-Boogity-Boogity!) and the 3 Doors Down Citizen Soldier car during the all-star race, and it got me thinking about special paint schemes.

    I like the change of pace, but it costs me a ton of money because I collect diecast. It all started for me when Dale Sr. ran the silver RJR 25th aniversary car in the 1995 Winston.

    What do you guys think about special paint jobs?
  • i love it so i got more than just 1 theme on shirts, so that way i wear the shirt with what car hes racin. Ya i know im a freeek, cant help it, i love the guy, GO JR 88, so i'll be wherin my mntn dew gear!!!
  • I think they are a lot of fun, but I don't collect every single one anymore. If it's especially cool, then I get one. With all the special paint schemes about every week these days, it'll put the working class diecast collector into the poorhouse.
  • when D.W ran the Mt.Dew Car he was undefeated and maybe Jr. is trying to get on some of that magic mojo and help him get a win.
    I like the different paint schemes because it mixes things up a little. I say change the red Bud car once in a while too.
    GO # 9 Kasey Kahne
  • I love them. They're a nice change of pace. I collect diecasts also, and the only thing that I hate is having to wait months for the new schemes to be made available.
  • It's all in the grand scheme of things NASCAR!
  • Breaks the monotonity of the regular schemes, looks good, its alright in my book.
  • No comments: