24.7.08

Will Terry Labonte still be remembered for being a great driver for Hendrick or?

May be...

  • In my eyes he will always be remembered as a champion. He has only stepped in and ran for a few teams that needed help getting to the field. I think what tarnishes a drivers legacy is a driver that stays running a full schedule in sub par equipment and doesn't know when its time to hang it up.
  • Or will his legacy be tarnished for driving for sub par teams. He drove for Hall of Fame racing for a few races a couple years ago, he's driven for Michael Waltrip Racing, he's driven for Petty Enterprises, and Jayski.com announced that he will race at Pocono next weekend for Gillette Evernham Motorsports in the #10 car, a car that has been sub par. Will these moves, that he did to help other teams, ultimately end up hurting his legacy in the sport? Or does he not really have a legacy in you eyes?
  • I will always think of him as a great driver no matter who he is driving for!!
  • A great driver, and not just for Hendrick. He won his first NASCAR championship in 1984 driving for Billy Hagan, has two IROC championships, and has set many records in his career.
    The fact that he's willing to help other teams, even in sub par equipment, just shows what kind of great racer he is.
    Obviously, nothing will hurt Terry's legacy in my eyes. He's my favorite driver and always will be.
  • Terry Labonte is and will always be a champion in my eyes.
  • I feel once a champion always a champion.
  • Terry is a Champion no matter who he drives or subs for..so why is it going to hurt his legacy in the sport?? it is not nor ever will be! He was and still is a class act!
  • Terry Labonte will be remembered as a champion.
    At least in my eyes..
  • He will be remeberd as a champion.

    he won a championship in 1984 and another in 1996.
    thats 12 years between the two.



    Just thought i would add that stat :)
  • As my part he will be remebered as a respected driver, a Champion, he was voted one NASCAR's 50 most Greastest drivers back a few years ago. He's an awesome driver. He's also driving for Petty Enterprises this week in the Cup maybe because Kyle Petty is not in the top 35 and he has past champion provisol. Other than that he's an awesome driver:), sweetie!
  • I do and will always remember him as an awesome driver.
  • He should be remembered for when he was in good equipment and at the top of his game. He has a legacy that will not be tarnished by his more recent rides and results, at least not in my opinion.
    3 STR8 N 08!!!
  • DW, Dale Jarrett, and Bill Elliott all struggled in their final years but when I think of Bill, I think of the '02 Brickyard 400, Dale, the Daytona 500 and 1999 season, and DW, his championship. Same with Terry, I will always think of him as a champion. The first race that comes to mind is the '03 Southern 500, his final win.

    Edit: The only reasons he is in those sub-par rides is because he's a champion, he gets the car in the race and helps them get better.
  • Hmmm him in the #10 @ Pocono? That's news to me.

    Nah, I don't think people will remember him for his latest driving duties. Least those who have been following or know his history winning 2 championships ('84 & '96) & that he essentially retired a couple of yrs back.

    Least I won't.
  • No comments: