4.9.08

Do you think cup should stay out of nw?

May be...

  • I'm certainly okay with Cup drivers coming down to Nationwide (more so than I am with people writing run-on sentences), but, I see how it becomes frustrating when they're going for championships down there. I'm all for imposing a limit where Cup regulars can only run 1/2 or less of the Nationwide schedule. But, you can't take the Cup guys out altogether. They help challenge the younger Nationwide guys.
  • Actually, I would love to see the NNS without Cup guys in it. But it isn't practical. Like it or not, if it weren't for the Cup guys, attendence would be much lower which could spell disaster for the series. Sponsors would pull out and we'd lose teams. There's also the learning curve to consider. These new guys learn much more at a faster rate as they can follow the Cup guys and learn how the big boys do it. Not to mention the advice and tutelage offered. It also provides a way for us the fans and the car owners to more accurately compare a new guys talent to proven winners. A lot of people say that the sport has become too corporate, even implying that France and Helton make it all about $$$ just so they can get rich. Bull. I would love to see the good old days return to NASCAR but reality dictates that sponsorship is the only way even the richest owners can run a team. I think the Cup guys are good for the series but I agree about them winning the championship. They should not be eligible to win the big prize. I wonder what affect that would have on participation though. But then again, most Cup guys run a limited schedule making them ineligible anyways. Maybe it would work. I think NASCAR should at least consider it.
  • I think that it is ok for cup drivers to be allowed in nationwide but I think they should have a limit to the number of races they run.-----

    This makes it more fair for the others in Nationwide (who don't run in cup) to have a chance of being 'up there in the #'s" because the cup guys are only allowed to run X # of races in nationwide.
  • You know I wouldn't mind if they weren't there. But honestly I don't think I would watch it if they weren't.
  • No because when Nationwide drivers win, they know they can beat Cup drivers. I do think that Cup drivers should be able to win the championship but there should be a separate, less prestigious championship for Nationwide drivers.
  • No not at all there are alot of different series of nascar ppl just think things like that cuz they only know about the three top series not knowing some ppl spend all there life racing in nascar and never make it on tv and are perfectly happy about it

    like camping world series and whalen, and the list goes on, but those series are for the young guys to get in the sport Craftsman, NW and CUP are all the top dogs cup just being the top top, if you know what i mean
  • I have no problem with Cup guys in the Nationwide Series, it's Cup guys going for the series title that I have a problem with. Aside from Kesolowski giving Bowyer a run for his money this year, Harvick and Edwards made the series a joke the previous 2 years. Besides NASCAR does want some Cup guys running in Nationwide races since it increases attendance.
  • I dont think they should be banned but i think that if youve spent so many years in the nw and then went on to cup...i think that if youve spent so many years in cup you should leave nw and just stik to cup.
  • there was a Q on here last week that asked if some of the older drivers should leave so theres more room for rookies i will keep what i think about that to myself but should full time cup drivers be baned from nation wide after there rookie seson in cup so rookie drivers can move to nationwide?
  • Cup drivers aren't supposed to be in the Nationwide Series, it's just stupid
  • No comments: