2.9.08

What got you watching NASCAR???

May be...

  • I honestly couldn't tell you, I just started watching it and fell in love with it.

    Edit: Sorry Disney Fanatic, accidentally thumbs downed you. You get two thumbs up from me.
  • My dad, I use to say watching cars going round and round, there is no fun in that.....Ya right, now I am pretty sure I am a bigger fan then he is :D
  • My dad. When I was really young. I was like 6.
  • You and me both. I played the video game NASCAR 07 for PS2 and said
    "I'm gonna watch a real race"

    I watched a race and man it was the start of something big
  • My dad. He never missed a race on t.v. when I was growing up. We live not too far from Bristol. He took me to my first race when I was fourteen. Been watching ever since.
  • I got into it by playing the video game NASCAR 98 when i was 10 years old
  • When I met Dale Sr. on I95 South and chatted with him at a rest stop. He said I should watch and I did because I wanted to see just who this guy was. Been hooked ever since.
  • Well I remember as a kid I watched some NASCAR, but thought nothing of it. Years later, I somehow found myself watching the IndyCar Series (perhaps by watching the Indy 500?) and I got hooked on it. After the season was over (they have a shorter season) I watched a NASCAR race and was hooked. Haven't watched IndyCar since...
  • Well I am a huge sports fan but I didn't realize it until last year (if that makes any sense). I was in one of those moods where I wanted to watch a sporting event no matter what it was and it just so happened that there was a race on. So I watched it and I loved it! My favorite driver instantly became Carl Edwards and has stayed that way ever since. : )
  • about 20 years ago I used to drive past this house that had their black lumina parked in the front yard (on Sundays) with decals on it exactly like Dale Earnhardts car. I had to watch and see what would possess someone to do that. I was hooked and I have been, and still am, a Dale Sr. fan and a NASCAR fan
  • I used to build street-racing cars, and race them. Now I just kick back and watch the pros.
  • It was the 1988 Daytona 500. I was 15, I watched it at my boyfriend's house. His family were all NASCAR fans, they got me hooked.
    That boyfriend is now my husband..
  • My dad got me into watching it full time in 2002 and I've been a fan ever since. Before that I watched only a few races every now and then.
  • Always kind of pay attention to it, but could never watch the whole race. It wasn't until my wife started watching it about four years ago that I really got into it. Especially great watching it on Hot Pass.
  • Family watched it when I was growing up. I watched since I was 2. I grew up watching Dale Earnhardt. Been a fan for 28 years.
  • I can always remember my dad watching NASCAR and one time I didn't have anything else to do so I watched a race with him! I would just watch one or two with him a year then I finally just watched like almost all of them one year and I really loved it and now I rarely miss a race! So I would have to say my dad got me into NASCAR!
  • a video game it was NASCAR Racing 4
    i was 10 too
    weird
  • I guess friends/family. I was over at a friends house with my brother when I was 12 and everyone was watching the race. I had no choice but to watch it that day. They were racing at the Glen and after about 40 laps of being insanely bored I started to get into it. Ever since then I've been hooked :)
  • I would watch it in the 70's with Richard, Cale , and the gang every time it was on TV. You have to remember at that time we only had 3 channels so racing was not on like it is today.
  • I was 3 years old and my parents got me an AMT model of Cale Yarborough's 1973 Chevrolet Laguna Kar-Kare #11. Became a fan of his from that day...he will always be my favorite driver.

    I am also very happy that Cale was the first driver to "take America with him" to win the Daytona 500 in 1983 and repeat the next year again with a camera in his car (only a couple of cars had cameras in them back then and it was one camera not 6 in a car) again.

    Cale, Richard, David, Bobby, Donnie, Benny, AJ...the list goes on...they were Racers.

    Today there are only a couple I would give that title to. Most are whiners that if the car is not handling perfect you better turn down the radio if you are crew chief.
  • No comments: