15.9.08

I know it is only the 1st race of the chase but does anyone else think that Kyle is in "BIG TROUBLE"?

May be...

  • Momentum...

    I think he's going to be ok..unfortunately. He has bumped and knocked around enough people that he better watch his p's and q's if it's close at the end. I didn't particularly care for the comments he made about Tony on RaceDay. IDK not a Kyle fan.. loved watching the replays of him spinning out!!!
  • First let me congratulate Biffle! He did a very good job!

    Now, to Kyle Busch. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist. But,
    to me something fishy went on with his car. I mean, he has had an excellent car all year and has won 8 races and then the first race of the
    Chase, there is a major problem? It is obvious someone high up made
    sure this happened.

    Nascar officials don't mind the fact that Toyota won many races this
    year,,,But, they don't want them to win the Championship so soon after entering the Cup Series!

  • YOu got a point there. Denny is only for Denny, and with Tony leaving he wont have any help there.
    I do think though it might be a little to early to tell. Kyle always seems to bounce back after a bad race.
    He cant afford to have another one. If he does he has no chance.
  • It will be tough to win the chase now with no help...........Tony is leaving after this year and Denny Hamlin loves Denny Hamlin!
  • if he's consistent with the next 9 races then he could pull though, however i hope he's not...cause i want Jimmie to win 3 in a row! lol<3

    kyle is a great driver though, and i know he's going to do whatever he can to get back on top.
  • Let's not count the chickens before they hatch. Every driver is allowed one bad race. If there is one driver that doesn't have/need that mulligan, he will most likely be the champ. Hopefully it can be Jr. All he needs to do is get the finishes like he was getting early in the season and he should be decent shape heading to Miami.
  • He had one bad day, but I sure wouldn't bet against him being champ!
  • He's all done.
  • I would say it would be np with the way he's been running this season but with the way Johnson has started to come on, every little slip is going to make it extremely hard to catch back up. All it takes is 1 race like yesterday and all JJ will have to do is go out and keep tearing off finishes like he has been and it will be darn near impossible for anyone to catch up. What I'm trying to say is, I think unless Johnson and Edwards have some really unfortunate luck, he's done.
  • Yes, but I never expected Kyle Busch to contend for a championship this year! New owner, new crew chief, and the new owner just switched manufacturers. No way! Even with the wins, the consistency just wasn't there.
    Now if he can just get his mind on winning as many of these races as he can between now and the end of the season it will be a banner year for him and JGR, no matter who wins the cup! I'd much rather win 10 races this season than have that chase cup! Winning the Cup just doesn't mean that much since Nascar changed to the chase format! Ten wins will more than prove who the man was this season!!!
    PEACE!
  • Kyle is still in the hunt but those bonus points he had are now essentially gone. It's a good thing he had those bonus points because if he had won 5 races instead of 8 he would be 11th in the standings and down by 100+ points. Kyle will be okay and remember he won at Dover in the Spring so chances are he will bounce back. However, Kyle has not had good luck in the Chase in the past. So we'll see how he responds at Dover and in the upcoming races.
  • As always, YW Lenny. Report Abuse
  • Hmm....Jimmie finished the Loudon race last year 39th, Kyle had his "mulligan"

    He'll be okay.
  • Jimmie did it in 2006 after crashing but I think the field is too competitive this year to catch up. Kyle may have 8 wins but the top 10 looks the same very week. I make this remark assumig at least 1 or the 12 won't use their mulligan.
  • One can only hope. But, I am not counting him out yet.

    Actually, it was 2006 when Jimmie finished poorly in a chase race. His worst finish during 2007 was 14th. He never used a single mulligan last year.
  • He has had his mulligan, and I'm sure he will bounce right back, it was just the first race in the chase. Rowdy is not in big trouble unless this happens 2 weeks in a row. Then if I were a Rowdy fan, I'd be worried.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • To tell you the truth I hate this whole chase thing anyways. I don't think Kyle is in any trouble yet but one more bad showing and I think it could turn on him. I am not a JR fan at all and I am sure this pleases all of you out there as I have been hearing about it all day at work. This chase thing is so unfair as these points would not have hurt him at all if he had the points lead going in. The chase SUCKS.
  • Big trouble this week. Did you see the commitment cone he picked up on the front of his car on Sunday?

    Remember last year Jimmie Johnson finished like 41(something like that) in the first race of the chase then came back and won the championship?

    I don't think he is in big trouble really for the championship because the way he drives, he can come back. As long as his cars work and he has decent luck.

  • I don't know how big of trouble it will end up being but I don't know if the championship can be won this year after having such a poor finish. It's too bad, even though I'm not a fan of his, I would have liked to see how he could have done without having problems outside of his control. I think one or 2 drivers will make it through without having major problems. Last year Jeff and Jimmie basically averaged top 5 finishes for all 10 races and Clint was not far behind them.
    edit: BTW, Jimmie finished 6th at Loudon in the first chase race last year. His worst finish of the 10, in 2007, was 14th.
    3 STR8 N 08!!!
  • Nope and only cause I never thought he was gonna win the championship anyways....GO JIMMIE GO!!!!!!!
  • Hehehehe!! Denny loves Denny ain't that the truth!

    I don't think Kyle is in big trouble, not yet anyway. It sure was an awful day for him though.

    What I can say is....Gooooooo Junior! Ya-hooo!!
  • No comments: