18.9.08

What do you think of the penalties issued in the Craftsman truck series?

May be...

  • I think they are just. I hope that they take up Las Vegas Motor Speedways offer and have a tug of war before the race. That would be fun to watch. I was proud of David Starr, and the way he stood up for himself.
  • YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!

    Starr came out of the truck swinging at anything in his way.

    And he is not suspended?

    Something is so wrong there. I don't think there should be any suspensions, but how can you suspend someone that is defending himself and not the person that started the physical fight?

  • David was in his truck when that mob went running to him...he shouldn't have been penalized at all.
  • Emotions run high but Starr took out 3 trucks. Hardly an accident.
  • http://www.truckseries.com/cgi-script/NC...

    I disagree with the severity of David Starr's penalty. He was basically dragged from his truck and was just trying to defend himself.
  • They should let them do that tug-of-war.
  • I was very happy to see the instigator take a shot to the forehead. Way to go David.



    Too excessive to David Starr. He could have picked up a floor jack and hit that guy and I would still think he should have been vindicated.

    The only darn truck race I miss in 2 years and I miss that action. Sheesh!
  • To quote Mr. Horse from Ren & Stimpy, "No sir, I don't like it."
  • I don't know. I didn't see it who fought. It's random one driver, all team owners, all crew chiefs, a few crew members, confusing IMO!
  • I guess they were OK. Bodine's team overreacted. It's just racing and New Hampshire trucks are like that. Starr's team had every right to do what they did. I think that when you are hit, you should retaliate.

    - despite the fact that I hate Robby Gordon. That seems to also be his pholosophy.
  • I agree with you....I dont think the guy that gets approached at his vehicle and comes out to defend himself should get as severe of a penalty as the instigator.....if any penalty at all.

    GO HARVICK & RCR!!!!
  • Absolutely not. He could have been in a lot more trouble. A $10,000 fine with no points assessed or races to sit out is a good penalty. He came out of that car swinging and if he didn't want to be part of the action he could have just stayed in his truck. (He would have been called a sissy by everyone who watched the race, but he wouldn't have been fined.) So he chose a fine for the sake of his pride. Sounds like he made a good deal to me. (What's $10,000 in nascar dollars? three sets of tires and wrench?)

    Besides all of that, David Starr is lucky the fight was broken up when it was considering all the stupidity he was showing on the track. He knocked out three trucks with the exact same move, in the exact same corner.. and two from the same team? You know he caused more that $10,000 damage that day.
  • David Starr was swinging too once he got out of the truck.

    They should have a ring on the infield for people to confront other people in so as not to start a riot. They nearly had a riot going on. That is the same thing that makes going to nightclubs less enjoyable is chaos.
    --
    For those who didn't see it heres the video.
    http://www.nascar.com/video/truck/2008/0...
  • I think it was kinda like the "good 'ol days" when everything got settled, either in the vehicles on the track, or out of the vehicles on the infield.

    *MOJO*
  • No comments: