18.9.08

Plzz help -what devises and techniques used to measure time in a motor race (eg formula one) ?

May be...

  • .

    Ah! My forte!

    Until the late 80's it was the sundial and the gregorian calender......

    Pls see other answers for recent updates....I thank you!!

    EDIT: THX Firefox, got me outta the sh*t again. I knew there'd been some improvements made....I think sundials were phased out cos of cloud cover?? Rosbif.............??

    .
  • Sundials are set to comeback in the second half of 2009, especially in the wet races.

    On a serious note, they use transponders mounted in each car and an elaborate sensor network to monitor lap times. The link below should give a detailed technical description.
  • plzzz name the devises and techniques used to measure time on motor raceing ! plzz give any good links if u no !! thanx if u no the answer plzz give it in detail !! thanx !
  • No comments: