31.10.08

Did anyone win a Championship their first year of Cup racing? ?

May be...

  • yes red byron http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Byron
  • actually earnhardt only ran 27 of 31 races in 79
    had he ran the other 4 who knows
    probably would'nt made up1081 points though
  • earnhardt won in his 2nd year, gordon in his 3rd. and tony stewart was NOT the first rookie to win a race. earnhardt sr. and davey allison won races in their rookie years, just to name 2.
  • red byron in nascar's 1st season
  • No, unless Red Byron counts in 1949, as that was NASCAR's first year, so it was technically his first year in NASCAR. But he had raced before that.

    I think Dale Earnhardt won it in his second year. I'm not quite 100% sure of that though.
  • Dale Earnhardt won the championship in his second full year in the Cup series in 1980. I think that is the closest anyone has gotten unless you count Red Byron when he won the championship in NASCAR's very first year in 1949.
  • From the top of my head no one has ever won in their rookie year Mags. I believe Tony Stewart was the first rookie to win a race and Gordo won a championship the earliest.

    Like I said this was from the top of my head. I'm sure I may be incorrect on something. Gotta roll. Long night ahead.

    Later.
  • Fire Storm is correct.

    NOTE:Jimme Johnson is the only rookie in NASCAR history to ever lead the points :)
  • if not who won it in the least amount of time after starting in the Cup series???how to make a flying humanoid
  • No comments: