29.10.08

Why i'm i being reported twice for the same question? ?

May be...

  • I had that problem too. Today in fact form a question I asked a month ago. Funny it was not even in the nascar section.

    Just plain ridiculous.

    Just don't worry about it or appeal. I deleted it by accident before I could appeal.

    I am looking forward to the Nascar races this weekend
  • Well I can say you aren't alone on this one as I've had the same thing happening. I was getting violation notices left and right, even from answers months ago so I decided to cool it around here for a while before I lost my whole account. The only thing I can tell you is what everyone else has said. Appeal it. I've finally started winning some of mine, giving out a detailed explanation of why they are not in violation of the community guidelines seems to be my only way to get through to them. Hopefully if everyone keeps winning their appeals, this person who has gone report crazy will lose their "top reporter" status and won't have as much influence reporting everyones Q&A's.
  • get back with yahoo and send them the resonses they sent you to show that you have already had this thing done, maybe they can do something
  • You have received some good answers. I have appealed on two violations recently, it takes some patience to follow through, do not delete the violation messages. Use them as information when you appeal. I've had these two recent violations overturned by Yahoo. They are making an effort about false reporting.
    Unless your questions were considered "chatting." This is a pretty broad so-called rule Yahoo has.
  • Use the appeal link on the email notice of violation. If the question was deleted in the first violation, it should not even exist. Definitely appeal their decision.

    *JUJU*
  • Two words. Troll Season.
  • Some of us have been reported for answers from a long time ago. I have only appealed three times...and I won two of those appeals. One just today. So keep at it and like someone told me today...maybe Yahoo will eventually see that it isn't the question/answer it's the one who is doing the reporting.
  • Idk maybe email yahoo and ask them about it
    After 3 months the question should be removed or resolved so i dont know y u should get into trouble again
  • Yeah.. some people just like to be... how do you say it... in nice terms, LLAAAAAMMMMMEEEEE!

    I've had two answers reported, and I appealed both. It worked. So maybe it'll work for you too. Just give a decent explanation and I'm sure It'll work out.
  • Because the schoolkids don't like you
    (Tina, likes her thumbs "sticking up")
  • your problem is all the damn jerkoffs on here
  • There's been alot of that going on lately!
  • Please join the club.Unfortunately Yahoo answers need to be updated in order not to give every single jackass the opportunity to report without any real consideration
  • It took me a minute to understand your question but I think I know what your are asking.

    What probably happened was your question got reported 3 months ago and no points were removed. If you don't appeal a violation then they don't remove any points.

    Well if you appealed the question that you are talking about then Yahoo may have taken 2 or 3 months to review the case. I just won a case for a violation that I appealed over 2 months ago.

    So what happened is they may have finally got around to reviewing your appeal and found that it was indeed a violation so they removed points and also gave you a penalty for waisting their time with an appeal. Check your email. They should have sent an email saying that your appeal was lost.
  • Most of my answers that are being reported have been resolved already,I sent mine to appeal and I have won 6 of the 7 I am still waiting on the 7th. I say just appeal, most people are winning however you think yahoo would close out the account of the person going report crazy.
  • I'm sorry to tell you that this question will probably be reported, too. Yahoo Answers NASCAR seems to have acquired a brand-new, self-appointed sheriff. He/She will report you for the slightest deviation from the community guidelines.
  • There's alot of "report abuse" abuse taking place around here.

    Reporting is pathetic. Sorry that happened to you, I'm up to 4 violations in the last 5 days, the last one was for a question that I answered months ago. Hang in there, you're not alone!!!
  • yeah some one over reports on this stuff now... i got reported cuz i said bad stuff about jr in MY opinion is overrated.... got reported its crap
  • i asked a question about kyle and about 3 month ago got in trouble well this morning i got another violate for the same kyle question what's up with that?
    what should i do ?
  • It's YAHOO, I told 'em they need 2 look at the stupid questions. ask a stupid question 100:1 ur gonna get laid 2 waste. and Yahoolie took 10 points away from me cause I lost my appeal, BFD
  • Repeating the same question is against YA's rules. They ask that people report that along with all the other stuff. Read them sometime. My answer got reported on the question a while back ABOUT all the questions getting reported. I will say one thing. I have never had an answer reported that did not violate guidelines so I can't complain.
  • I don't know what to do about it other than say just appeal it and show them that the question has already been reported once. I am also getting reported left and right, hence my limited activity on this forum lately. I don't know how many violations it takes, but I am very surprised that I still have an account......windows media choppy
  • No comments: