27.10.08

Michael Johns National Anthem?

May be...

  • I was there & it was fine. But he took too long to sing it. I mean he seemed to drag it on for longer than necessary. But that could just be because I had been setting there for like 2 hours & had to listen for 10 minutes for them to all but had JJ the trophy during driver intros.

    But it was kool........it was better than some others I have heard.......And I agree with the above poster.........perfect timing for the flyover.......
  • Not good. Another one that had to ruin it. It was disrespectful. Just sing it the way it is written.
  • it was the best anthem i heard in quite awhile at a sportin event.
  • It was pretty good, I could atleast listen to him, not like changing channels when Jessica Simpson gave me a headache and ear ache, and my cats left the room she was so bad. I liked Johns when he was on idol, he did pretty good job.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • A very good job..............Unlike last night's at the World Series.......I think it was Patti Labelle and I thought it was horrible!!
  • Johns' rendition was fine. He obviously has a great voice, but to go on as many runs as he did during the National Anthem was a little too much. The National Anthem means more than the performer. I'll explain my point with an example. A few years ago there was a football game taking place just months after the onset of our brave men & women being called up to go into battle. The singer, at the time, was one of the most popular & best selling artists. The performer's voice was strong, vibrant and recognized as one of the best in the world. This artist performed our National Anthem during a time of national crisis. The performance didn't need to be enhanced (other than by the voice-which it was). The artist sang, the crowd cheered, many wept at the powerful blend of a singer at the top of her career singing our National Anthem to the best of her ability. She didn't overpower the song-she didn't have to, but it's probably the most memorable pregame moment in Super Bowl history. Whitney Houston at Superbowl XXV. Enjoy
  • Michael Johns sang the National Anthem at Atlanta. What did you think of it?
  • Best i've heard in a while.
  • it was quite different !! Enjoyable.
    most everyone around me seemed to like it as well.
    Perfect timing with the C-130 flyover, I might ad
  • It was Hot-lanta. darlin'
  • i thought it was really good way better than Jessica Simpson how can you be a kid in this country and never learn the words to the National Anthem?Now that's the real questionrs232 pins
  • No comments: