7.10.08

How do I start getting into dirt track racing?

May be...

  • As long as you have a drivers license and a car to drive, yes it is that simple. Go early with your truck and trailer, sign in, pay the entry fee, sign the insurance waivers and you are almost ready to go. Inspectors will go over all new cars at the track closely for all safety equipment.

    I ran in a Pure Stock class at a local dirt track for 2 years in the early 90's. It cost us $7,000 for the used race car we bought. A few hundred here and there on extra wheels, tires, fenders and other spare parts. Entry for our team was close to $100 per week...we had 5 guys. In our class the best you could win in the regular season was $150, the end of year race was double points, laps and money.

    It got too expensive for us at the time so after our second season we sold the car. I miss racing myself badly!!! Hopefully someday soon I can hit the track again ;)
  • Being you have the money part figured out, I will tell you that depending on if the class you race in is sanctioned or not, you might have to buy a license. Example IMCA or WISSOTA which we run at our track you have to buy a license with that organization. 100 bucks usually. during registration, at least at our track, if it's your first time there you will be required to show the license if required for the class you are running.... other than that, you pretty much have it show up, sign up, then race.it's up to you to have the talent after that.

    Langlade County Speedway Antigo, Wi


  • My cousin raced a four cylinder, at it cost him $5000 for the car and upgrades. I ran an AMRA modified and I had over $10,000 in it. Depending on the track you're running, and the classes they allow I would expect to spend $7-8000 and up for a season. And yes you pretty much show up with your car and crew and pay for a pit pass, and entry fee. Most tracks will have you sign a release and give you a wristband. You are then ready to park your truck/hauler, unload your car and go racing!
  • I am wondering how I go about getting into dirt track racing. Yes I have found a track and I know the basic rules but how much money is it going to take, depending on the class. And do I just go to the track a couple of hours before hot laps and tell them that I want to sign up to race. It sounds like there has to be more to it than that. Ps. I don't want to go to driving school so don't bother telling me that.ba holidays
  • No comments: