23.10.08

Why do people resent NASCAR Nation?

May be...

  • I don't resent it at all, in fact I love it. Maybe people don't like it because they don't understand it.
  • NASCAR is boring I just wanted to drop in a comparison and see how you guys would respond, for the most part the answers have passed the fail test... at least some of you are sensible and unbiased.
    It came up because I tracked the user u must be refering to as 2006 FIFA asked a question here if nascar will ever reach the level of F1 and I saw some pretty funny responses, so I had my go at it too.

    I don't see why some of you are answering "its jealousy", I dont see what's here to be jealous of. Its not like its an exclusive club here its Y!A which is open to everybody over 13. I must say I do admire this unity thing you got going on here, everybody getting a couple thumbs ups and I might be the first to get a couple down(or none at all). LOL at the ones saying we're trying to chase you out of your own section... thats just ridiculous.. the whole autos section is way slower than one of the football(soccer 2 u) sections.
    But I'm a part-time motorhead and like I said there's no jealousy here, just Personal Opinion.


    EDIT: See the problem I noticed with most answers in here is that everybody seems to be an expert in the situation, and it is perfectly exemplified by the "know it all" and a few other answers below. You are so confident that you 'know it all' that you go on ranting things you truly don't know and you are the one who is really showing the ignorance. These are the egotistic people that make a bad name for the rest of Americans among the rest of the world(not just Europeans). This is what gives us a nice little urge to poke fun at the american traditions especially the sports because your responses are so predictable. Just like your sports, there isn't much rational thought put into your answers, everything is "America is #1".
  • I think a lot of it comes from that people hate the whole "guys driving in circles" and only left turns. Most also think it's a "redneck" sport and there are a lot of "Bubba" fans and the deep South. Most also don't understand it. Some believe it isn't a sport and the drivers aren't athletes, but they are, Mark Martin wrote a book on fitness for drivers, he also runs and lifts weights, a little known fact about Dale Sr. is his strength which came from working on his farm. The sport has also has taken a downturn in my opinion...they promote themselves well but the quality of racing is bad which brings more problems. The 1979 Daytona 500 brought more people to watch NASCAR because of "the Fight" at the end. Earnhardt then came along with his aggressive style and brought fans in. Now NASCAR frowns on aggression, and ingenuity and that's kind of sad. Most NASCAR haters don't understand the sport or see it as it has become and sometimes I believe them.
  • Be.... cuzz... we.... Live Here !!!! [shouting]
  • I read somewhere in one of their answers on the soccer section the other night that they didn't like how we had formed our own Nation and I think they are jealous that we all stand up for one another in times like this I think that drives them crazy and they like to get us going boy aren't they big people?

    that's okay Nunya
  • NASCAR as a sport and us as the fans of said sport cause a raucus no matter what happens.

    Only left turns, they just drive in circles, no ability. It will never end. The attacks arent just against us, its against all of the sport in general.

    As for why do they do it, because they dont have a life and think its cool to raise peoples tempers. They get joy out of it. People are just childish.

    We bother people probably because they dont understand our fixation with the sport. As I said they have no real reason for it they just want to bother people.
  • europeans have always been envious of the american way of life. it eats them up inside that we thumb our noses up at things like soccer, F1, and the metric system. the only thing that surprises me is that they attacked the NASCAR section instead of 'american' football as they call it. europeans HATE football for 2 reasons. one, because we CALL it football, and we call their version of football soccer (they can't stand that) and secondly, because we love football so much. it irritates them that we don't 'get in line' and follow soccer like the rest of the world does. i guess they chose NASCAR instead of football because of the sterotype that NASCAR fans were southern hicks who didn't know what shoes were. maybe they thought we were gonna be an easy target. they found out different though didn't they?
  • People just always want someone to pick on. They funny thing is we are the strongest nation in the world. Us nascar fans. Man British soccer had nothing for us. We took them with one swipe. I just think people do it to test or 'some other reason' but as we have done for 50+ years we hold strong.

    ROFL people form religion and spirituality are so mean. Hard to believe.

    Gosh I love Nascar, not just for the cars; but for all fans and their strong wills and hearts of gold.
  • The answer is simple. Just like racism or religious hatred it comes from ignorance.

    Ignorance is the glue that binds all those fools together.
  • I guess you could blame it on them being in a different culture over across the pond. I don't particularly like alot of what sports they have over there but Im not one to go there and start trouble. My dad use to say "if you don't start s*** there wont be none". Power to my pops!

    Add: Like dalejr4ever said, its jealousy at its finest.

    Have a good night mate!

    Amen Tom! Thats the truth!
  • They are jealous of how close we are here.
  • Well trolls need to pick on some sections to fill up their schedule. Unfortunately, YA's NASCAR section is being targeted currently. But don't worry, they'll be gone in a while when they get tired of doing it.
  • i love Nascar and i think other sections get bored with what they are talking about so they come bother us cause we are always here and we never get bored with our Nascar. And we get under their skin cause we love Nascar and they can't change us.
    so every one give a shout out to Nascar Nation
  • NASCAR is my Sport and I will stick up for it.

    I could care less if all the category attacked Us, i'd back up NASCAR Nation 100%

    NASCAR = In my Blood
  • People resent you guys I'm new here so I don't know but I think Nascar is the greatest and I wouldn't know why anyone wouldn't want to be a Nascar fan
  • They're masochists and like a good beat down every now and then. Seriously though, the R&S folks are the trolls over there who get a kick out of driving the Christians nuts, I guess they got bored with it. My guess with the soccer chaps is they got bored and picked a category at random. Either that or they figured they'd get a bunch of dumb rednecks and not things like a foul-mouthed smart-as* from New Jersey.
    Oh crap did I just admit I'm a foul mouthed smart as*?
  • they resent our camaraderie.
    NASCAR nation are the true Red White & Blue
    We Rock
    We're proud
    NASCAR Nation Rules the waves baby!
  • Thats a good question. I mean, I think cricket is a silly game, but I don't google names of top players and then go over there to ask stupid, obnoxious questions about them.

    Who knows? Maybe because we NASCAR fans are passionate about our sport in a way they aren't. Maybe its the NASCAR stereotype of hick redneck that makes people think we're either stupid or prejudice, or both. And maybe because NASCAR is so uniquely American in its roots and fan base.

    I think this is a valid question and there is no reason for deletion!

    Go Rays!

    Rackpurdue: Thats thumbs down was my stupid finger on my stupid mouse and it was supposed to be a thumbs up and I missed. Sorry!
  • Maybe they are just jealous, we have a lot of great real Nascar fans on here, and they want to chase us away.. Sorry, not gonna happen. Nascar fans will be here forever.. I like soccer but I will not go on their forum. I go on the baseball and football forums occasionally.. I just think the trolls just like stiring up crap and firing us up.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms

    Go Rays!!
  • Yeah I was wondering why there is a section for something from 2006. I guess I should watch more soccer...I mean futbol or football lol.

    I was not around when Religion and Spirituality invaded the NASCAR section, that's freaky.

    I have no idea what we do to bother other people, but maybe it's cool that they recognize how awesome this section is and feel the need to try to make it less awesome by posting stupid stuff. As usual the members of this section win out and they go back to their holes in defeat.

    I think it's cool that those Europeans recognize NASCAR, and maybe after their little invasion they'll investigate it some and watch some videos about it...who knows, they could become fans. I guess now they know more about NASCAR than I do about the FIFA World Cup.
  • well it's been hard for NASCAR Nation.
    But I'm trying to put a stop to it actually
    look in my profile it'll give ya allll the proof you need :)
  • Because they think it is cars going in circles and don't realize it is so much more than just that.

    But it's the same with every sport. It is much more than it seems. Basketball is much more than men shooting balls. Football is more than men attacking each other for a pigskin. Baseball...sorry can't stand up for baseball. it sucks.
  • Because as Fluffy would say
    "everyone has hurt feelings"

    Their feelings are hurt that we didn't send them an invitation to join our party, therefore like the children they are felt it necessary to throw a temper tantrum and crash it!

    Poor things.
  • People just like to attack and bash things that they don't understand. They don't like NASCAR, and don't understand how we could, and so therefore they feel the need to attack us. We ALL do it from time to time. Whether it be someone else's favorite driver that we dislike, favorite team, a rule, etc. I know that I'm guilty of it from time to time....

    Besides, I thought trolls hated EVERYTHING....
  • This isn't at all surprising to me. I have no problem at all with people who don't watch NASCAR. Heck, I can understand why some wouldn't like it. However, it's not enough for most people to not like it themselves, they have to throw insults at NASCAR fans as well. You rarely see this happen to fans of any other sport. I guess it's the Southern roots of NASCAR. Anything Southern is mocked and attacked by people.
  • because they cant be a part of it
  • idk their just jeaouls
  • In my relatively short time here on Y/A NASCAR, I've observed attacks from other Y/A sections. Once from Religion & Spirituality (was amazed at that) and more recently from across the pond. 2006 FIFA, I think? Are they still arguing about 2006? lol
    Anywho, I'm just wondering. Exactly how and/or why do we NASCAR fans bother people?
    And yeah, I know this question will be reported and removed. So what else is new? : )
  • My theory is because we have formed our own "Nation" and everyone on here is a proud member. We don't bash one another or if we aren't a fan of someone else's driver, it doesn't keep us from being friends. You won't find better sports fans than Nascar fans. They come on here and say all sorts of things but cannot change us. Now all of a sudden we are being targeted. Violations and deletions are all over the place. I am a proud member of Nascar Nation and a Loud & proud card carrying member of Junior Nation. Agreed....Jealousy at it's finest.
    Don't put down something you don't understand.clie sj22 review
  • No comments: