6.1.09

How much does racing hurt your car?

May be...

  • totally depends on how hard you race it and how good of equipment you got, there is no way to tell a set miles or anything like that, to tell you the truth im a automotive technician and im 23 so im kinda into that kinda stuff and im going to be honest unless you got alot of money to waste and you know alot about cars its not something you would want to get into right now, and if you dont know alot about cars you better have a WHOLE lot of money cuz everything is expensive especially Performance parts and everything breaks when your racing a car (trust me alot eventually breaks) its more of a hobby and something you want to do to a car that's not the car you drive, i could go on and on and on, I hate to tell you dude but your Dad is right, sometimes it sux and i h8 when my dad is right too but u gotta realize there smarter then us cuz they been around twice as long as us and probably been there and tried that or at least knows someone who has
  • nascar cars are usually torn down after the season but they only race a car 2-3 times
  • I am looking to get a mustang GT, which, to be honest, I plan on racing once or twice a month at the quarter mile track. My dad isn't too happy about it. He says that it is going to hurt my car if I do that. Now, I am not going to be dumb when I race, I am NEVER going to redline it cause thats just stupid. Besides that, I will change the oil, and take good care of it. How badly will the racing hurt my car? How many miles will it last?
  • the only thing that will suffer is your tires, and possibly your transmission, the engine in a MGT is a strong SOB though. If it is an automatic trans, than yeah it will suffer horribly, if it is a stick, you better be damn good and make sure your shifts are perfect otherwise you'll blow it.
  • I can't give you any quantifiable data, but just think about the fact that NASCAR cars are completely torn down and rebuilt after each race.
  • This is not the 1970's

    Cars have electronic rev limiters you will not be able to over rev the car. If you get a manual transmission the starts will prematurely wear your clutch and clutch parts but that is not something that is terribly expensive and or difficult to do yourself in a rear drive car. Make sure you keep fresh oil in the differential not just the the transmission and engine. If you are drag racing the car you will need to change *all* of the oil more frequently.

    Finally to the guy who thinks they rebuild a Nascur engine every race -- they are not allowed to do that by rule the engine has to last at least 3 races (or more?).find people hiding
  • No comments: