9.1.09

YES! Elliott keeps his job! Did you see this?

May be...

  • Glad he's back. Some good could come out of it. It could inspire the team and driver to be more competitive this year.
  • good for him.I'm sure he'll be on the look out for a new ride.
  • http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headline...

    Elliott's back! Elliott's back! Woo-hoo!

    Not happy that it's in the 19, but at least he's back!

    And to keep this in the form of a question and answer--hmm, uh--do you think Elliott will try to go to another team after 2009, after all that's happened?
  • Dead Man Walking



    Like knowing you're at a job and not wanted. LOL


    Silliness... Nothing to be excited about.
  • Im so happy for Elliott. He didn't deserve to be treated the way he was. GEM ought to be embarrassed at theirselves.

    *Most of all Im happy for our President Tom G*
  • YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY...saw it in Jeff's question. I too am glad that he is back and like you sorry to see it in the #19....however...I think he will try to go to another team and who can blame him??? I hope that he does.
    I am hoping this will be a banner season for him.

    GO ELLIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • That is awesome news!!!!!
  • lespaula1988: We're talking about Elliott Sadler, not Bill Elliott.

    Ash: This is about a NASCAR driver, not a character on a TV show.

    I like Sadler, and I'm glad he's got a job, but I'm not sure I'd want to keep driving for a team that just tried to get rid of me. I hope it doesn't cause any tension.

    Also, what's going to happen to Allmendinger? He's a great young talent (who seems to be a decent person, too), and he got a raw deal from Red Bull Racing. I sure hope he gets a ride somewhere.
  • Great. Drive for a team that clearly doesn't want you around. I've already lost interest because the guy only gets mentioned when he wrecks or has mechanical problems which is often.
  • 1 WORD.

    KEWL!
  • Yes, he will try and go and I would think that other teams are aware of his ability to attract sponsors. Congrats to all his fans!
    4's FINE N 09!!!!
  • I would find a ride for 2009 but keep it a secret til right before the Daytona 500 and then just screwed them like they tried to do to him.

    only reason they are putting him back in the car is because he was not going to take it and sue them

    AJ Allmendinger's agent said his driver is not under contract with GEM and that he would not do to a driver/person like Sadler what was done to him at Red Bull Racing. but alos hearing he will drive the #10 as a part-time ride
  • i love bill and he is one of the few old school drivers left and anyone should be more than happy to have him ,but nascar has shot its self in the foot over the last several yrs by buying into giving the young kids shots at big time and its cost the sport ,,,but anyways bill will be happy with whatever he has at this stage
  • I hope he tries to go to a different team....

    BUT YAY! At least he's driving!
  • Okay... so fired and re-hired. Elliot must be pretty damn happy about the merger.
  • I'm so happy he got a car. The team is definitely on my good list though but I'm happy he has a ride. Hopefully he doesn't get the crappy cars now. His contract goes through 2010 and I see him staying even longer than that if his performance picks up. He really likes GEM even if they don't like him.
  • i'm happy he's back.
  • It's alright if it was already asked and worth answering twice. I like Elliott and I am glad to see he will be back this year. I bet he give 110% just to show off and if he wants to pursue other avenues next year I can't imagine anyone blaming him for it.

    Elliott is a cool cat! (As DW would say)
  • I'm glad he is back but I'm not sure I'd want to be in the 19, wonder if all this will effect his performance this yr, IDK I wish him the best but I would have loved to see him DEI-Ganissi Chevy. Hope he has a great yr.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms in 2009
  • He's a bigger person than I am. (figuratively)
    I'm not sure I'd want the car back after having been let go like that.
  • YES AND THREATENING A LAW SUIT ALWAYS INSURES YOU'RE GONNA GET THE BEST EQUIPMENT THEY'VE GOT TOO!
    LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER YEAR OF THE 19 CAR BEING AN ALSO RAN OR A RETAINING WALL TESTER!!!!
  • Just like I said in Jeff's question. I'm glad for Elliot and Tom and all Elliot's fans, but I still hope the opportunity comes along for him to go to a different team, sponsors and all, and have a great year without GEM and their b/s. Now that would be a hoot! :)
  • I am thrilled that Elliott will have a ride this year. But if I were Elliott I would be looking for a new ride because the handwriting is on the wall.
  • Are u talking about Law and Order. If u r then I'm sure that he won't change to another team.
    Anyway, listen to this, I asked my grandmother if she can record it for me cause I wanted to see what was going to happen to him. So she did, but yeah the wrong. So I did miss that episode, but Elliott will stay!
  • yeah i saw. good thing too.hard to find grocery item
  • No comments: