9.2.09

Do people hate jr. because they're jealous of his talent?

May be...

  • Okay here I go again, sorry guys but I've got to say it again, people hate him because he's popular, they hate him cause they think he should be his dad and not his own man, well I've got news for y'all he is his own person he isn't and isn't trying to be his dad. All he wants is to be his self and can someone tell me what's wrong with that? They also hate him because his fans think he's great well the last time I checked no matter who you root for you do think they are great. So once again what's wrong with that? I am so tired of people acting like he's this awful person who can't drive, well if he couldn't drive then what the hell is he doing in the cup series? I know he doesn't do things like his dad did and people need to quit expecting him too, He does things his way, just like any other driver out there does. So give the guy a break... you don't have to like him but geez do you have to be such jerks about it all the time? I have always been and will forever be a proud Jr fan.

    PS. He never asked for all the fame he has but if you ask me he handles it quite well!
  • no, they hate him because they're jealous of his popularity. you can see this clearly manifested in some of these answers.
  • I am sorry, Jr won how many races in 2008? That's right NASCAR felt sorry for him & gave him 1 win. While my driver won 9 races. So I can safely say that I am not the least bit jealous of Jr's so called "talent".

    I don't like Jr because of people like you (the op). People who think that Jr is god & can do no wrong. And we all know he's only popular because 75% of his so-called fans were actually his daddy's fans & his last name is Earnhardt.

    Get over yourself. If it weren't for fans like you I could actually be a fan of Jr. But I am not, thank you for that.

    EDIT........
    Wedge_An ~ Busch/Nationwide isn't Cup. His accomplishments in Nationwide/Busch racing means nothing in the Cup series.

    And besides I wasn't watching anything but Cup at the time he won those 2 Championships. So he could have won those Championships in the same way Matt won his Cup Championship for all I know. But I do know that 1 Cup Championship trumpts 2 Busch Championships, in my book.

    And I never said anything about my driver (Carl Edwards)winning a Busch Championship, although he did. All I said was he won 9 races. And he did so in the Cup series alone. I didn't add anything from the Nationwide/Busch series to that number.
  • your right that's why he wins all those races... i forgot how many was it last year... what about the year before.... that's right alot more talent
  • no i dont like him beacuse he does not come close to the way his father ran and doesnt deserve all the fame he gets
  • Oh yes he's the best ever. That's what I don't like about him, you people who think he's the best, from all the hype he gets. All you gotta do is watch ANY race and see that he's nowhere near the best.
  • No, I hate him because he can't spit out a full sentence. That's not how his dad raised him, he can talk better than that.
  • No people just don't like him because of all the attention that he gets from the Media. He does have talent, but so does every other driver in the cup series. And I really don't see how you can say that he is so much better than anyone Else's driver. I was a fan of his dad and I am a fan of his, but I am also a fan of mark martin, tony stewart and a few others. He is now in a position to win races but doesn't seem able to close the deal. maybe this year he will actually win a few races we will see.
  • Junior and talent in the same sentence? Really?

    He's won how many races and championships since he started Cup? And look at who has come into Cup with or AFTER him and their stats:

    Jimmie Johnson: 3 Championships, 40 wins, 23 poles (in 2 less years mind you)
    Matt Kenseth: 1 Championship, 16 wins, and was ROTY over Junior
    Ryan Newman: 13 wins, 43 poles, was ROTY over Jimmie Johnson.

    And then let's see what Junior has done:
    Dale Jr: 18 wins, 8 poles. NO ROTY. No Championships.

    Yeah, he's just so amazing. He'll never win a championship and sure as hell isn't as good as his father. He's nowhere near as talented as my drivers, and never will be.
  • I agree with Fluffy and Know it All. It's even been said by the people who hate him that they can't stand how much attention the media gives him. That sounds like a poor reason to hate someone. Why not be happy for other people's success instead of be jealous because they don't have it too?
  • We dont hate him because of who he is, we hate him because of people like you, who buy tickets to see a race... Lap 17 Jr crashes, then 30% of the crowd leaves... thats why...
  • no not really , maybe its his popularity and how the media is always making a big deal of him , i am not a hater of Jr i like him but to say people dislike him because of his talent is a joke because hes never won a championship and has only 1 win in the last 2 years and although i personally hope Dale gets a few wins this year and eventually gets his championship i think its fair to say most people who dislike him are just tired of the media and his fans blowing him up so much because JR is far from being the best driver in the Series.
  • That depends on who their guy is...
    The Hamlin fans are miffed because while
    Denny seemed to have about the same rookie
    year, Denny has turned into a whining infant who
    thinks that the hype makes him a star...
    Wait until you see how they feel about Almirola
    after he starts beating Denny on a regular basis..
    Jeff, or Jimmie fans are a little confused because
    they think they have some kind of obligation to not like Jr,
    but now he's a teammate.. And what's worse Jeff, and Jimmie fans
    are beginning be suspicious of each other, now that Jimmie
    has improved his driving, and is starting overshadow Jeff..
    There were times last season when I thought Jeff was going
    to call Jr a spy, and you could see last night how Jr was being
    careful about leaving Jeff out of the draft...
    Kyle fans are not in the sport long enough to know who can,
    or cannot drive, and why.. Cousin Carl's fans are much too secure
    to worry about Jr.. Tony's fans are to busy worrying if their guy will
    embarrass himself, or not they don't have time to think about Jr..
  • wow someone didnt have this question removed? Amazing I thought to not worship a mediocre at best driver like Jr. was sacralige here. Stewert has two titles Jr. a whopping ZERO. If his last name was Brown or Ilsa instead of Earnhardt 99.9% of his fans would not cheer for him. He has as much personality as a dead possom. Can't wait for his excuse when he crashes next Sunday.
  • I love Jr. but my Driver (Tony Stewart) races just as good as Jr. As a matter of fact Jr is my 2nd favorite. Are you a member of Infield Parking? Good Luck this year.
  • it's not his fault that he's so much better than your driver.
  • No. And I don't hate anyone, that's childish and immature.

    His popularity is NOT the root of the problem.
    Sorry, that's a cop-out. It's the wide-spread hypocrisy that tends to keep my @ss out of his Nation.

    lol @ Richard's answer. Telling me I haven't been in the sport long enough to know who is and isn't a good driver. I think a couple of decades of watching hardly constitutes "not long enough"
  • I can't speak for 'everyone' but I know most of my friends that don't like him claim he gets special treatment by NASCAR and the media because of his last name. A few of them have mentioned his treatment of Tony Jr on the radio as another reason they dislike him.

    Personally, I like the kid. He strikes me as a normal Good ol' boy who happens to have some cash and a famous last name... and likes to drive fast and go left. Until recently he seemed uncomfortable in the media and almost seemed shy or bashful, which of course makes him adorably sexy to the ladies.

    As far as his treatment of Tony Jr, I think he'd have better results on the track if he had a crew chief that would stand up to him and not put up with the ravings of **** he gives Tony Jr.
  • No it's more like a lack there of.
  • People "hate" Junior because they have hurt feelings.
    They have hurt feelings over his popularity, and they act out. in an angered and immature way.
  • Yeah right, his overratedness made him one of the liked and disliked drivers out there.
  • Now that you've given everyone else a reason to hate us Jr fans here. It's the media coverage and everything else that's been said here. A few points here.
    To the person who compared Jr to Matt Kenseth, Kenseth won the 2003 Cup with 1 win and 25 top-10's hardly what you call a dominating season, otherwise Jr and Matt's(who I also happen to be a fan of BTW) numbers are very similar. Newman? You're kidding right? Jr had 15 wins after 5 full seasons, Newman has 13 in 6, and 1 win since 2005.
    Siderman, when has Jr ever been known to make excuses when he wrecks, hell he won't even place blame where blame is due and chalks it up to just racing. BTW 9 times out of 10 Jr gets caught in someone else's mess.
    karafait, "so called talent" Jr won his 2 Busch titles in his only 2 full seasons in the series, not as an invading Cup driver in his third full Cup season.
    If Busch/Nationwide titles mean nothing, how come Carl insists on trying to win one year in and year out? Want to tell me that?
  • considering that there talent actually got them to NASCAR not there last name, well at least most of them. Plus it's also because people like you think he's the greatest thing ever when he's not, not saying he's bad, just not nearly the best there isair supply company
  • No comments: