10.2.09

Will you be taking off.......(one way or another) to watch the Duel 125's on Thursday?

May be...

  • I'll have to record it..

    And that's so sweet that he shares his stuff with the guys that don't have.
    *You did good Lenny, he sounds like a great kid*

    (((Braxton)))
  • Nah, not working right now. I'm retired Navy, but I may take off to buy more adult beverages and snacks.

    Wish I could afford to send something their way, 'cause after 20 years in the Navy, I know how good it feels to get a care package, so he/they'll have to get by with my prayers and best wishes.
  • No, unfortunately i have to work. We are so slow at work nobody dares take a day off for anything face time is important ;) I will DVR it which means I won't be on Y/A at all Thursday afternoon since I don't want anyone to blow it before I watch it.

    You seem to have a pretty good kid there Lenny, nice job. I will continue to keep him in my prayers. I am glad he is getting lots of gifts and able to pass them out. Again, really good kid Lenny.
  • Im disabled Lenny so Im off all of the time. Will b here watching it at home with the misses and my two hound dogs and chow and all the kitty's.

    Glad to hear Braxtons morale is up. Thats great. My dad was in the Army 1st Infantry division Vietnam vet and raised me to respect and love our soldiers. He is always in my prayers and you are in there as well.
  • Unfortunately no. I probably won't even get to hear it as no Atlanta station has signed on to broadcast the races on MRN.
  • Or will you be recording it and watching it later................What way will you watch it or follow it??

    Oh and Brax received 13 boxes yesterday!!!! Some were from NATION family members and for that I salute you!! He was very grateful and will be getting back in touch with you sooner or later to give you thanks! He got over $100 in postage and still has not had time to open all the boxes. He gets to play Santa Clause and pass out things to his buddies that don't have family sending anything. I can't thank you all enough and we both really appreciate everything!!!

    Thank you Thank you Thank You...............................

    His mailing address for anyone interested is.........

    Braxton L Davis
    B 1/14th FA
    COB Speicher
    APO AE 09393


    For those who do not know...........Braxton is my son serving in the US Army and is currently in Iraq................Have a great day!!!

    Lenny D
  • i will be recording it on my dvr.
  • Like the King I to have been hit by the unemployment bug, which means I'll watch the duels live. Now there's a perk.

    My comrades here at the Nation have expressed my feeling's so eloquently I can only concur. I salute all men and women in uniform.
  • I would have had to work at 4 o'clock if I didn't take off. In fact I took off Saturday and Sunday also to boot. This is my weekend and if the co-workers don't like it, too bad.

    Great to hear your son is doing well. Tell him he's got the prayers of a Nation behind him! Not just our Nation either.
  • I live in Ireland so the Duels air at around 10PM (GMT) so I dont need to take work or college off :)
  • My work week is Sunday thru Wednesday, so I will have Thursday off to watch the duels. I had to request Sunday off though, no way I was missing Daytona!

    Lenny, I thank your son for serving & protecting our country. I have a brother & stepson both in the guards. Though neither of them have been called up at this time. Can't tell you how proud to have Army as a sponsor for my favorite driver!
  • Lenny, since I have to work on Sunday (UGH!) I have decided to take Thurs off. So I'll be able to catch the duels which I am excited about...I haven't got to watch them live in about 3 years. It stinks that I won't be able to watch all of the 500 but I will be able to catch about the last half. We always set Easter in my store the day after Valentines...so I have to be there to set it...shame it landed on the day of the 500 this year. Good luck to Brax!!! We are still praying for him every day.
    Can't wait for him to come home and watch a race with ya!!!

    Have a good one Lenny!
  • I have nowhere to take off from, I am an unemployed carpenter, and have been off for 16 months and counting every day:(

    BRAX = THANK YOU, for keeping our NATION (U.S.A. and NASCAR) SAFE!!! Now you just need to come home safe and in one piece SOLDER!

    ~I The KING Salute you, Solder!~
  • I'm gonna get signed out of school early ;)
  • Unfortunatly, I can't take school off, so my dad is going to tivo it for me and my brothers.

    I would love to send some stuff to your son!! Email me letting me know what he needs.
  • I am still debating on taking it off or no. Its a bit touchy here because we have Monday off. soo I haven't made up my mind. If I don't take it off someone is taping it for me. Which means I will be watching it Thursday night and will not turn on my computer until AFTER I am done watching.


    I am having a good time tracking Brax's package that I sent. I get tracking and delivery confirmation on everything so that I can see how long it takes "priority mail".
  • I will be watching and dvr-ing the Duels Thursday. I was thinking about going to the Duels but the boyfriend doesn't want to go (butt-head).

    Let Brax know that I thank him for serving our country and I will keep him and your family in my prayers. I have a friend in the Marines in Iraq and my brother (Navy) just got back from his second tour to Iraq. God Bless Our Troops!!!
  • DVR baby. I record it then watch it in the evening. Best invention ever. I never miss a race. Enjoy! Braxton will get something special.
  • I'm in Daytona right now . I will not miss a race here LOL

    In 2 weeks when i get back to Ohio i was going to send more to Braxton. NASCAR NATION family is the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!copilot jacket
  • No comments: