10.2.09

Do you now have more respect for the independent drivers?

May be...

  • I've always had a soft spot for the underdog, including independent drivers. Any driver with a hard row to hoe gets extra attention from me, thats how I originally became a Harvick fan, kid had some huge shoes to step into.

    One of my favorite drivers of all time is Morgon Shephard. Watching him pull up to a track with his pickup pulling his car on a trailer next to all those semi's with "Racing for Jesus" painted on the hood brings a whole new meaning to independent. I'll stand and scream at the top of my lungs for that man no matter what place he's starting or finishing.
  • I wouldn't say I have "more" respect. But respect? yeah, sure. I always pull for the underdog
  • I have always respected independent drivers. It is great to see more of them now!
  • As opposed to the Hendricks, Roush, and other multi-car teams?
  • Everyone in racing loves and respects the independent racer...
    Alan Kulwicki was one of the most popular Champions in NASCAR
    history, because he came along at a time it was considered almost
    impossible for an independent to go up against the big teams..
    He turned down offers from some of the top teams to start a team of his own, and was able to beat them without any of the resources they had..
    He was not like the current crop of independents because he could have had a job with a top team, but he chose to be an independent owner/driver...
    BTW, you may not start a race without a pit crew anymore...
    The ones you see now can't get a job, so they are attempting to create one...
    But NASCAR will start a full field at every race even if they need to invest in the teams to do it..
  • I have respect for anyone that races no matter who they are.
  • I have a great deal of respect for them, just not when the pull the old "start and park".
  • I always had a ton of respect for them.
  • I do.
  • i sure do. someone on tv said, it's just like the good old days like they used to be.
  • Heck yes! My favorite driver is my favorite because he is independent. One man owner driver with a great crew behind him. Robby Gordon may not be the best in nascar and may make a lot of people mad; but when your out there doing it by yourself in a big money world, it is hard and that demands respect.
  • I've always Respected them.seasond gamers
  • No comments: