1.2.09

Tony Eury Jr., right man for the job?

May be...

  • Until Mr Hendrick says he is not the man for the job then he is the right man for the job. Rick knows crew chiefs and I have to go with what he says. So in closing yes he is right for Dale Jr until otherwise notified. My opinion only.
  • He sure hasn't shown me that he is one of the elite Cup crew chiefs. He has the knowledge to make a great car stay good, but he can't make a good car great. Let alone a terrible car good. All I can say is he sure ain't his father.
  • I like Eury Jr. God love him for what he deals with from junya nation. I think he's a good chief although I will never understand his move at Watkins Glen I think he's just fine. Every chief made questionable calls including the almighty Chad Knaus so if Jr is happy then yes he is the right man for the job. Why not question the driver sometimes? OOps thats a sin to go there. lol
  • The sports announcers seem to think that Tony Eury Jr doesn't keep up with the track changes. It was announced all season last year on TV and I agree. Tony couldn't keep up with the track with the old car and the new car is even more difficult to get precise. All of the successful crew chiefs have stated that there is a fine window to work in that makes the car perform well. Tony Jr. just hasn't got what it takes to anticipate the changes that takes place in a race.

    Dale Jr's most successful years were when his uncle Tony Eury Sr was a crew chief. Dale Jr does make some dumb mistakes sometimes. Example when he turned too early in front of Carl Edwards and wrecked himself and destroyed his chances of winning a championship a few years back.

    Any successful crew chief in the past was always because he made small changes unless there was something way off on the car. Chad is way better at making those guesses ... Tony Eury Jr. is not. I think the world of Tony Eury Sr and Tony Eury Jr but if Dale is going to compete with the top runners for a championship then he's going to have to find another job for Tony Jr. He should have used Alan Gustafson as a crew chief. Tony will hit on some races but he just can't keep up with the track changes. He never has been.

    There are some races Dale Jr should have won last season. Some was lost because of bad luck, bad sportsmanship from some other drivers, and some were Eury Jr's fault. I'm not just using last year as a basis for my opinion. I'm using Tony Eury Jr's entire career as Dale Jr's crew chief as a basis for my opinion. He can't keep up with the track. He's good at setting a car up but not as a crew chief and keeping a car up.
  • I have to agree with Winter on this one. I feel like Rick knows what he's doing, and if things don't change, we may see Eury with another team....
  • Hes a good crew chief, because a couple of years ago Jr and Michael Waltrip switched crew chiefs and Michael did great with Tony Jr. But i definitely think Dale Jr should get a new crew chief, him and Tony Jr just argue cause Dale Jr gets aggrivated when the car doesn't drive right, and they start to argue.
  • naaaaw i dont think hese ready.....
  • I agree with winter, I think Jr would do much better with him, but I understand the loyalty there too. I'm just praying that he doesn't make the bad calls he made last year! Guess we will find out soon.
  • For the job of crew chief, yes.
    For the job of Dale Jr.'s crew chief, no.
  • I think maybe he needs to Brad's crew chief in the Nationwide series, while Pops steps in with Junior. Tony, Jr. doesn't understand this new car.
  • Jr Earnhardt won all but 1 of 18 races with Tony Eurie Sr, who is still winning races for the 88 Nationwide car...
    With Tony Sr, Jr Earnhardt won as many as six races in a season (03), and had a shot at the Cup..
    Since taking over for his dad, Tony Eurie Jr has not been able to get into The Chase most years...
    What do you think?? Jr forget how to drive??headset protocol
  • No comments: