18.7.08

Jerks at the track that target even kids....?

May be...

  • We go to the Kansas Speedway every year, and I have never seen anybody harass anybody. I am always amazed at these stories, and glad I have never witnessed such a thing. I am not saying I don't witness drunken loons yelling at drivers, or falling down in the grass, or passed out in the restrooms, but as for fighting or harassing, no I never have. I wear my 48 t-shirt, my husband wears his Jr. shirt, my best friend wears Gordon, and her husband wears his Stewart shirt. Our other friend that goes with us, is decked out in Labonte gear. All of us have different favorites, and none of us have ever been heckled.

    This story takes the cake from all the others I have read though as your son is so young, and should not have been heckled. Truly, nobody has the right to heckle anybody because of who their favorite driver is. But I have to agree with Tom P., every sport has fans that are less than ideal.
  • they pick on kids cuz there jerks. i remember last time we went to a race a few years back, my friend was rootin for (kurt) busch and down in florida they hate his guts (not tht they like em any wear else) and everyone booed him bad and he took first place. she was the only one in the entire track who was rooting for em and when he won she had her head up sooo high.
  • We pick on everyone at races. That must have been your first race? Its like a war between fans. Nothing you can do about it. Age doesn't matter in it.
  • Too bad about your kid....though you deserve a good slappin' for letting him where a Sadler shirt.
  • im 14 my first race was a truck race a year ago at dover no one really bothered me samething with the nationwide race this year
  • The adult beverages that some adults consume causes some very stange and crude remarks toward any driver but their favorite.
  • just wondering what shirt was the idoit wearing??, by the way Elliott is my 2nd fav. driver behind Matt. Sadler has the worst luck this year and those Everham cars look like their catching up, tell your son not to jump ship..that 19 team looks better every week.
  • I've learned over the course of my life that 80% of people on the planet are complete idiots... you must have ran into a concentrated pocket of these jerks!
  • I like Elliott Sadler too....good for your son.

    I am really sorry to hear about the trouble you had & I hope it's was just an isolated incident. I have been to a quite few races in my day and have never seen folks harrassing children. Normally NASCAR fans are pretty cool and most helpful folks I have run into at any sporting event. That had to be just some idiots don't let that sway you from NASCAR. Have your son wear his Elliott shirt proudly again at the next race you go to. I bet it will be a different experience for you both. Elliott dosen't have a lot of haters so I really am suprised.
  • I went to the Pepsi 400 in 2002 with my wife, mom, and dad. My mom was wearing a Jeff Gordon shirt and this redneck drunk got in her face and asked her to get over that "f@gg0t" already. My dad, who is a pretty calm guy walked over to the guy as told him that she was wearing his shirt and does he have a problem with it? That redneck p.o.s. said nothing and walked away like a b#tch. I have gone to at least one race a year for the last 15 years, and I have seen the obnoxious drunks and rude people grow to the point that this year I chose to take my wife and child to Disney instead of going to a race and listen to those retards. I'll get some thumbs down for this statement, but the majority are Dale Jr. fans. I like Jr. but I don't pull for him because of those people.


    edit - President - Thanks for proving my point...
  • Yep those drunk punk Junior fans love stirring up trouble. That way of life landed Dale Sr in Hell for all eternity, I see a lot of his fans who jumped to Junior's bandwagon are destined to roast with him one day.
  • That is pretty tacky. Just teach your son a polite response to such comments and let him know the grown ups who say such things are just lacking refinement. They obviously didn't have parents who taught them good manners.
  • And Elliot is one of my favorites. See your son isn't a bandwagon fan. He's a true fan who sticks by his driver win (not much lately) or lose (often).
    I was at Loudon when Kurt Busch took the win because of the rain. And Elliot Sadler came in 5th. There were groups of us waiting for them to put the winning order up on the towers...and when they put Elliot in 5th place I yelled and pointed and was cheering for the #19. People were looking at me a little weird too. LOL It's racin. Tell your son to pull his shoulders back and be proud of who he is a fan of.
  • Not jerks just Jr's relatives drinking from a mason jar
  • And would you be more or less upset if it had happened at a football game, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer,??????

    There are rivalries in every sport. I am a Pittsburgh fan, but I don't wear my jersey to the Giants games!!!!

    There are idiots in every sport. My advise is to wear a simple "NASCAR" shirt, no driver, no problems. I know it sux, but better to avoid the idiots than antagonize them.



    WOW! 5 thumbs downs??? I didn't know I had that many trolls......

    I'd like to thank the academy.....
  • Come on you should know kids are more mature then grown ups. Grown ups are just big babies. Tell you son to tell them to grow up and America is a free country so he can like whoever he wants. Heck I'd make him a Sadler shirt with 19 on the front and then on the back it should say..Got a problem with that?

    Best of luck.
  • Must of been some of those trashy Jr fans
  • There is that stupid "redneck" analogy.............Is it possible that ANYONE can be a jerk??????
  • My 12 year old son likes Elliot Sadler, has for years. When I took him to Richmond this past May GROWN UPS where like "get a new driver" "OMG! you like him" I just told them he is 12 leave him alone...I know it is a redneck sport but come on...why pick on kids?
  • I went to a race last year and this lady that was at the conccesion stands turned and happened to see me with my kasey kahne shirt on. she then turned tward me and yelled "Kasey Kahne SUCKS!".

    Just explain to your son that those people are doing that cause there ignorant, and usually drunk as a skunk...
  • No comments: