14.7.08

What is the best team for Ryan Newman to race for next year?

May be...

  • Racing for the new Stewart Haas team would be the best fit for Ryan. The Childress ride would be a good gig, too but, sponsorship is hard to come by & that 4th team isn't a shoe in to run a full schedule.

    As for Logano not being able to race in Cup, he has tpo pass tests to race on certain trach & he'd be able to pass.
  • As people before me have said, Newman to Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) with Jack Daniels as the main sponsor is the biggest rumor. Either way he will end up in a Chevy. I know it sounds far fetched but back in the "Prelude race" Newman was the only Dodge driver to be driving a Chevy. He and Tony have been hanging around a lot lately and I am guessing here, but that is probably what started the rumors. Oh and can we say reunion......Matt Borland back on a pit box??!! Keep in mind SHR will be getting it's equipment from Hendrick. All these nay-sayers may have to pull their foot out of their mouths next year.

    I for one would welcome a new address for Ryan, the 500 win was real nice this year, but aside from that it has been painfull to watch the past couple years.
  • I've been a fan of Newman's since 2003. I'm happy to see him leave since it's been downhill for the past little while. I think it started when Penske left Ford, but that's my opinion. The rumor is that Newman will be announced as the second driver for Stewat-Haas at Indy (oddly enough, two Hoosiers announcing that they'll be teamates in their home state). I don't know about this, but I got the impression there may be some slight investment on Newman's part at Haas too. Check Jayski, it says Newman has three options, one of which includes some ownership. I don't foresee him being an owner in JGR or RCR. Of course, there could be another deal we don't know about.
  • Stewart -Haas
  • Where do you think Ryan Newman shall go next year. As a fan of his since his Rookie Year, it's bitttersweet to see him leave the #12 Alltel car. It is the only team he has ever driven for in the Cup series so it's sad to see him change but it's exciting to know what the future holds for him. He struggled at Penske Racing but he also won 13 races for them in nine years. He's won the Daytona 500 and won the All-Star race in his rookie year. I think he'll probably go to Stewart-Haas racing based on rumors but the rumors last year for Newman that when his contract expired for this year he might want to join Richard Childress Racing for their 4th team next year. He might want to think about joining Joe Gibbs Racing for the 20 car and isn't Joe Gibbs Racing thinking about bringing a new team along next year. Well everything is a rumor until it's officially announced. I guess we'll wait and see what happens.
  • The best oppertunity for Ryan wuld be to able to drive in the #20 car but I hope he goes to Stewart-Haas so he becomes even less of a contender.
  • It's been heavily rumored that he will go to Tony's team. Although I think he would receive better equipment and more support at RCR then he would with a team like Tony's who will be going through some major changes the next few seasons. But your right, everything is just rumors and speculation on the fans and medias part until its announced. But I don't think it will be too long before there is an official announcement.

    And as far as I know Joey Lagano is 18 so there is nothing keeping him from racing in the cup series. The only thing Nascar might have an issue with is the restrictor plate races and may want him to get more experience before they let him tackle Daytona or Talladega.


    Overall Montoya has A LOT more experience than Joey does just in racing in general. I also think Montoya ran a few Nationwide plate races before he went full time in cup. Although don't quote me on that because I'm not sure. I think Joey might run the fall race at Dega in a few months and then I think it will become a non-issue regardless :)
  • I think if Truex doesnt leave DEI and go to Stewart/Haas Ryan will go to Stewart/Haas racing. Its just my opinion and guess.
  • No comments: