21.1.09

Have you heard of the"Dash for Cash" in the Nationwide series?

May be...

  • ...... the idea is really good and has to put some additional intrest in the series.The fact it is for full time teams is good but there are some full time teams that use 2 or 3 part time drivers.
    . Good idea hope it pulls in some more drivers , teams and sponsors for the series.
  • $25,000? Seems a bit weak to me. They should've at least made it worth showing up for.
    I do like the idea though, they need to do something to bring more attendance/viewership to the Nationwide series..
  • I would like it if it worked like it sounds.

    The top 6 qualifiers have a 10 lap trophy dash for the cash (the 25,000).

    Just adding to the purse isn't a big deal.
  • Yeah, Dave I have and think it's a neat idea. However I feel it should be for true NATIONWIDERS only not the "Claimjumpers". Lord knows the true Nationwide teams NEED the money. But I think it will add some excitement....who knows I may actually watch those races this year....I haven't watched a Nationwide race in years (start to finish) in years. They need to do something....attendance and ratings have been falling for the past few years. Just an opinion as always.
  • Well $75,000 isn't that bad could be better though. I think it should be 50k for winning the races and 50k for the most points. (If you win all four races you will have the most points so that second bonus is your as well) And even if the same driver doesn't win all four there is still a $50,000 bonus for the most points, which I think is a great addition. But I think all Cup drivers shouldn't be eligible, just the Nationwide drivers.
  • I like the idea, but I kinda feel like $25,000 isn't all that much. The Winston Million back in its heyday (yes, that was Cup, but still) was such a huge prize that everyone tried to get it. $1M in prize money was even more than what they got for winning the Daytona 500 so you bet they were going to be gunning for that paycheck.

    $25,000 is almost a joke prize. Teams in Nationwide win and often get less prize money than the lowest finishing Cup team at their race, which really is pathetic. Take for example last year when Kenny Wallace finished 3rd in the Nationwide #28. His team won $41,000 or so, and then had $10,000 in fines taken for a small infraction. NASCAR didn't give them enough prize money to race, and then they took about 25% of it as a penalty for a small infraction. To a team like Jay Robinson Racing, $10k in a penalty is a lot, whereas it's a drop in the bucket for the big teams.

    So yeah, I like the idea of the Dash for Cash, just not how little the prize money is.
  • 1. Very cool. I would like to see them add a few more bucks to it (should be at least $100,000-$200,000 for winning the 4 events).

    2. It should be Nationwide drivers only. If you race the 2009 season fulltime in Cup, your out of the running automatically.
  • http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headline...

    Sounds pretty cool and familiar.
  • I love this idea its like when nascar use to have the winston million but for the nationwide its really cool.
  • Hey Dave! I just read about it a while ago. I think it's cooooool.
  • I'd like it if it was only NW drivers.amidar israel
  • No comments: