21.1.09

With the economy the way it is which team to you see defunct by 2010?

May be...

  • There's a few teams that are possibilities to close down, but the only ones that I would worry about are the 1 and 2 car teams. Of those, the Wood Brothers, Furniture Row, etc are all possibilities.

    Sadly, I'd say the Wood Brothers are probably the most likely to end up folding. They aren't running but 1/3 the schedule this year, and they have no long-term funding. Furniture Row racing is safe since Denver Mattress is the owner AND sponsor, and they can pick and choose where they want to race.
  • I'm afraid it's going to be the Wood Brothers. I can't imagine NASCAR without them. Maybe they'll merge with Yates.
  • It breaks my heart to think about but I think Wood Brothers, Yates and DEI racing may be in trouble in 2010.
  • I agree with you. I think it will be DEI.
  • I say DEI. A shame but that is what I feel. Your thoughts?
  • Your guess is as good as mine. I wish no ill happenings to anyone but your pick of DEI is a pretty good pick of any if not a few more. I really don't like all these misfortunes to race teams because its the best sport in the world. But as that commercial says and I cant remember the company but it says"Life comes at you fast, real fast."
  • DEI
  • The Wood Brothers. The costs are huge in NASCAR and a ban on testing won't help enough.calendar 2005 printout
  • No comments: