18.1.09

Why wont NASCAR add more Road Courses?

May be...

  • I love road courses, but its the fans. The fans that like road courses are a huge minority in Nascar, I love Road America also but I can't see Nascar add another road course. I watch the Rolex series and ALMS, F1 and the IRL races that are on the road courses to get my road course fix, cause Nascar is not gonna do it, as most of the fans hate road courses, its sad.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms in 2009
  • Hard to sell tickets to a race course race. No way you can see the whole track, You see the cars for a few seconds and then wait 2 minutes or more for them to come back around. All the people watching on TV wont put money into NASCAR's pockets like the people at the track
  • NASCAR is, and has always been, about racing for top speed. It's basically drag racing (which is already crappy) for people who want to believe they're watching an organized racing series.

    Making the races on road courses would mean that actual car development outside of the engine would be needed (!), and that the racers would actually be tested on their driving skills (!!!).
    The motorsports community would benefit from all courses being made into road courses (your average North American wouldn't see racing as just "driving in circles), but your average NASCAR fan wouldn't like it, and the performance (?) of the drivers/teams would suffer for a bit, seeing as they have no training in actually driving a car on/building a car for a challenging course.
    As a side note, my father's watched one of these NASCAR road course races, and it's like watching someone try to kill a pig with a butterknife. They really suck at it.
    If you want turns, etc., just start watching other motorsports. The SPEED channel sucks, I know, but just keep an eye out for when they have stuff on.
  • Because real NASCAR fans don't want more road courses.
  • cuz their eedeeots!
  • dont know
  • cause that world bring juan beandip montoya's avg. finish from 38.6 to 38.4
  • Because road courses suck.
  • I think this is the reason I do not follow the sport as much as I used too

    I think its about time too get rid of all the crappy cookie cutter tracks and put some more Road Courses in
    Watkins Glen and Sears Point could be my favorite courses in the US (I live less then an hour away from Sears Point) but they need more
    I would like too see at least 2 more
    Like Road America or Elk Cart Lake
    Or Even Laguna Seca if their track got wider

    Why wont NASCAR do it?
    Would you like to see these drivers use their raw skill?
    What do you think?
  • The reason why NASCAR doesn't need more road courses is because it costs too much money for the teams to set up cars for these tracks. The preparation process is a burden on an industry that is striving to stay alive.
  • I don't like road courses . That's the weekends i get all my work done around the house!
  • Because they're too boring.
    No idk.
    I think they should move one to the chase though.
  • Cool, though it can't be changes as track schedule has been set thru this year and next, but i think in 2011 things might change.
  • they like the fast open speedways - not braking and turning right
  • I think add 1 to 3 more is better. Too many roadcourses, and Nascar will be like the Australian V8 series. None of that wants that!
  • A) Most don't like them.

    B) Yes, a TRUE test of a drivers skill.

    C) I'd like to see one more added (Mexico or Canada) and one moved to the Chase...but, I won't hold my breath.
  • It's an American sport. And the way it started out was on oval or "round" courses. Change sux, so it will probably be a long time before they add more road courses.

    I would love to see a road course in the chase. Elk Lake, Laguna Seca, etc.
  • Nascar ilkes the circle go arouind in circles and thats it. Whatever Nascar says goes. No if and or butts
  • Most likely due to the fact that they are not fan favorites.
    Fans pay the bills, so NA$CAR tries to appease them.
    I personally would love to see more road courses. I agree, it showcases a side to the driver's talent that a basic cookie-cutter track can't.
  • the open race tracks are a lot easier to drive so the drivers like it better.
  • Bottom line is that road courses will never be really big for Nascar because the attendance is lower at those races and Nascar doesn't make as much money.lax parking cheap
  • No comments: