16.1.09

Smith to Furniture Row?

May be...

  • He won at Talladega, he deserves at least a full time ride. I believe this is the end of Regan smith. I thought he showed real promise when he drove the McDonald's car in the Nationwide Series.
  • i think he deserves better

    <--------------------- i won my schools geography bee today!!
  • I think he deserves a better ride and to run all of the races . If he keeps getting junk rides it will kill his career.
  • Yes. He will drive for furniture row.please pick me as best answer.
  • Smith definitely deserves better. The boy done good last year. Furniture Row is more like Death Row to a driver's career. I hope he's able to escape....

    Given decent equipment, Smith has shown he can drive a car just fine, but that's where the problem is. Furniture Row doesn't have the greatest equipment. I think with them he's stuck in 25th-or-worse, just like Kenny Wallace and Joe Nemechek were relegated to when they drove for Furniture Row Racing.


    ....trego, you're forgetting about Paul Menard being at Yates this year in the #98.
  • Yes, he does deserves a better ride. He did much better than all of the open-wheelers last year. I really don't think he will have good finishes in his races, although he might run well at Talladega again. Maybe he can find a good ride after 2009. I wish him good luck.

    I think I heard something about that (finishing every race he started), but I wasn't so sure. That is very impressive.
  • Regan Smith definitely deserves a better ride, since he almost got a win last season, he should get a full time ride.

    That is a cool tidbit to know.

    Thanks.
  • I just read an article on nascar.com

    http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headline...

    saying that Regan Smith will drive the 78 Furniture Row car on a part-time basis(12 races) in 2009.

    My question is.....do you think Regan deserves a better ride than that and how do you think he will perform during those 12 races(if he qualifies)?

    Also,did you know that Regan is the only rookie in NASCAR history to ever finish EVERY race he started(34 in 2008)? WOW,I wasn't aware of that.
  • No disrespect to the #78 team but yeah I agree he deserves a full time ride....I am one who felt he won at Talladega. Would have loved to see him stick around in some form or another at DEI. Hate it's happened to him but hope it leads to better things for him....he's a good kid and needs a break! Just an opinion as always.
  • I think he deserves a better ride too.
  • If the 12 races are all short tracks he might manage the occasional top 20. If they are intermediate, 35th or worse. If they are restrictor plate races, 1st-43rd. If they are road courses, ahead of everyone that crashed.
  • Yes, he deserves a ride that will allow him to be in all the races this year. I wonder if he HAS to stay there if he gets a better option? Who will Yates get for the 38 car or will they just run with Travis and Bobby in the 96 car (it's a Yates satellite team this year)? He was steady, thought not specatacular in his rookie year. I did not know that, thanks.
    4's FINE N 09!!!!
  • I think he deserves a ful time ride, and in the twelve races i (unfourtunatly) don't think he will do that good because its now that good of a team.red fox sewage
  • No comments: