26.4.09

Why do I see alot of people upset about Talladega?

May be...

  • It was Talladega racing at its best! Carl had no hard feelings and after dire warnings from NASCAR at the drivers meeting, it appears all parties involved played by the rules and still gave us the most exciting race of the season. Yes, that wreck at the end was scary and dangerous, but Carl was ok and the fence held (I will never say bad things about the "fence police" again at a Nascar race. No matter how mean and obnoxious they may be!) Hopefully any of the parts that made it through or over that fence didn't hurt anyone. Brad won fair and square and only sore losers will complain about the outcome.
  • It seems like a lot of people are crying that Brad should be fined even though he did nothing wrong. People thought it was a bad race...I cannot understand why or how they can think this. With the past several races being nothing but wasted gas this is what racing is about. Talladega cannot disappoint.
  • You know what the sad thing is.

    These same people, if NASCAR punished Keselowski for this, would complain that NASCAR is playing favorites, and is punishing Keselowski for taking out a fan favorite.

    The way I see it, this just shows, despite the end results, Regan Smith was wrong in what he did last year. He should of stayed put, and let Tony wreck himself, like what Carl did today.
  • I love the fact that he ran across the finish line.
  • Carl admitted it was his fault. End of story.

    It was an amazing race.
  • It wasn't a bad race at all!! And I'm a Carl Edwards fan!! I don't think Brad should be fined, it wasn't his fault!! It was NASCAR"S fault!!

    Congrats on the win Brad!!
  • You see a lot of people upset, because, like any other sport, they do not fully understand the risk involved! Todays race, is, was, and hopefully will be what its suppose to be. All about racing! Unfortunatly, people can get hurt. No one wants to see that, but, thats part of the risk involved. Thats why, THEY, get paid the BIG BUCKS! If they can not hang with the big dogs, get off the porch. By the way, Nascars rules ,say, that you cannot advance to a position by going down below the yellow line, but, you can go below the yellow line , if, it is, to avoid an accident. Also, another way to look at this whole picture, is to agree, that, when going those speeds, it is not always easy to make that choice. Thats racing. The unexpected can happen. I hope no one was seriously hurt today. I go to races, and i know , the RISK envolved. I take that risk, and the responsibility, that comes with it, everytime i go. Thats life and thats part of racing, and if we decide to get too judgemental about nascar rules or any drivers out there, then, its time to stop watching something that apparantly bothers some too much!
  • I was rooting for Carl to win there at the end, mostly because Mark was taken out on Lap 7. In my eyes, Brad did nothing wrong. I strongly feel that wreck was NASCAR's fault. Just look back to the last Dega race, where Regan went below the line to pass Tony after Tony blocked him. If Regan he held his line like Brad did, Tony would have wrecked in almost the same way. NASCAR makes these rules, and look at the danger it put the drivers, and the FANS, in. Unfortunately, that's what people pay to see, so NASCAR is going to keep bringing it to them.
  • Brad did what he had to, Stay on the yellow line, if he moved below it, he would have been blacked flag and be the 1st car 1 lap down. The stupid no going below the yellow line rule caused that wreck. Thing is It took a rookie to have BALLS and keep his wheels on the line and let the blocker wreck himself.
    It sucks Carl was that blocker cause I wanted him to win that race, but the rule made Brad do that. People have been forced down clearly and Nascar never saw it and blacked flagged them. Brad would have got blacked flag if he moved low to avoid the wreck.
    From this I hope Nascar re-thinks the rule and twicks it.
  • I agree about Brad. But almost everybody agrees he did nothing wrong. I disagree with your assessment of the race though. I don't like plate racing. I thought the race was lame like all 'Dega races are. The past several races were far more exciting to me than this one. sorry. Too much luck and bad luck involved for me.
  • Forgive them, they are newbies..
    The rule was meant to keep cars from running into the corners on the apron.. A very dangerous thing to do.. You can take out the whole field that way..
  • Its awsome that brad keselowski won he did absolutely nothing wrong that was all carls fault I mean he was tring to block brad and brad got into him when he came back down if carl would have stayed on the bottom he would have been fine I just feel bad for ryan newman I think he got the worst of it
  • I'm not happy with the outcome of the race, but I don't think Keselowski should be fined. Lay the blame on NASCAR. It made the danged dumb rule.

    Talladega is definitely exciting to watch, but I hate that so much depends on luck. I like to see the best driver win, not the luckiest one.
  • If hey are crying and whining, then they just do not know about 'dega this kinda stuff happens in 'dega. Brad knew if he went below the dang yellow line he'd be penalized..I bet Regan Smith is wondering about last fall in 'Dega he should have done the same thing. Congrats Brad this was awesome..I am glad Carl and Newman are okay. But this is 'dega at its normal wild and s**t happens racing..

    Go Dale Jr & Hms CONGRATS BRAD..
  • I think that the majority know that it was just racing.downtown los angeles mail forwarding services
  • No comments: