22.5.09

Should Danica Patrick heed Jimmie's advice?

May be...

  • I agree with Jimmie on this. She is a great driver but she needs more time and experience behind the wheel if she wants to race with the "big boys" of Nascar
  • Danica Patrick is a turn off when it comes to motorsports. She would get "creamed" in NASCAR Those cars she drives cant bump-n-grind and we all know they're all traction. The IRL and F1 is a delicate sport compared to NASCAR. NASCAR is much more brutal. A couple of good licks into the wall, which is inevitable in NASCAR, and I would guarantee she wouldn't feel to sexy in a bikini. Let her come to NASCAR and learn a lesson. A mans lesson. You can't tiptoe your way around a NASCAR race track. Even the IRL fans would agree. I accidentally posted a question in their forum, and they all agreed the move would be foolish. When Danica finishes ends up like Franchitti and the others, she better hope she has the guts to take her clothes off for the camera. She's a little person, and a stock car would consume her. I don't think she could handle coming out of a corner sideways at 180 m.p.h. with Kyle Busch or Dale Earnhardt junior squeezing her into the wall. So yeah... she should "at least" take Jimmie's advice.
  • It's my second season of watching IRL, so if a noob like me can see it, it should be blatantly obvious to long time IRL fans. Danica Patrick is not worth all the hype she gets.
    Danica's decent, she usually runs in the top 10(ish) but she doesn't ever seal the deal.
    She doesn't win!
    If she can't win in IRL, what makes her think she can win in NASCAR?
    If Danica has a lick of sense about her, she'd take Jimmie's advice.
    I'd love to see a successful female driver in NASCAR, I just don't see it being Danica...at least not the way she races right now.
  • I Read the story, and In my opinion she should just stay where she is in Indy. She does all right there and I really don't think driving for two years in Nationwide is going to get her a cup Ride.

    But then again maybe I am just showing how stupid I am.
    But I did do my home work this time.

    Dang Fluffy, tell us how you really feel LMAO
  • I kind of do agree but lean more to not agreeing. I see his point in she just can't jump in and be competitive. Who knows...maybe she can. Odds are she can't and I think that is what Jimmie is basing his opinion on.

    However I think it also may be good for her to jump in and give it her all. That may mean she'll have to take a cut in pay by running in the Nationwide series a season before she can compete in the Cup series.
  • It is good advice. I think she is sharp enough to realize she isn't going to come into Nascar and be up to speed right away. She isn't stupid.
  • Hey we are guys sexual fantasies can never be put aside, heck I wish there would be an all ladies topless racing league!
  • fluffy's answer is right, but for the wrong reasons.. While I believe she would have to get experience in bigger cars, 180 mph in one of the cars she drives, would mean she was coming on to pit road.. And don't point at Franchitti, and say "see", she is younger, and will learn much faster.. Report Abuse
  • This is what I got out of that story.
    1. Toughest personality, are you kidding me. Tougher than who?
    2. It is her lack of talent. There's an understatement.
    3. Patrick is a major league star. Compared to who, Graham Rahal?
    4. Hook on with a team that can make her an immediate winner. Jimmie got that one correct, he said "Can't imagine where that is".
    5. Batting her eye's at Nascar provide's attention. She has mine for all the wrong reason's.
    6. She rightfully note's that her first Nascar race would be the most watched in history. Sound's egotistical to me.

    Stay where you are lady, please don't water down Nascar.
  • I think it's good advice and any driver considering the move from open wheel racing to stock cars should heed that advice, Danica included.

    But it's something she should do only if she loves the sport (NASCAR). That goes for every open wheel driver. I'm not sure why open wheel drivers have attempted to run in NASCAR. I don't read articles about them or anything. The impression I've gotten is because it pays well and it's a bigger stage in this country than the IRL. Personally, I don't feel that is a good enough reason. Loving what you do is one part of being successful. If Danica tries out a stock car and falls in love with the sport, then I'll all for it, and she should definitely take Jimmie's advice on how to go about it.
  • yes
  • Or is she really THAT good??

    Sexual fantasies aside guys...is she a good enough to thumb her nose at Jimmie's advice???
    http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news?slug=dw...
  • yes she needs to listen get what they call seat time b 4 she jumps to cup i dont really see her as a tony stewart but even he did some bush series races
  • Although she has only won one race in IRL, there have been a lot of times that she was doing well when guys crashed her out. In fact, last year's Indy 500, it happened on pit road. So, I can't really get a feel for exactly how good or bad she is. Still, I think it's pretty pompous of Jimmie Johnson to try to tell her what to do. He does not know what she is (or isn't) capable of. Yes, it would be smarter to come up through the lower series. However, Sam Hornish Jr did not do that. He was an excellent IRL racer, but he pretty much sucks in Nascar. Maybe with a poorer record in IRL, Danica could be more suited to the Nascar style. In any event, she is the one who will suffer the consequences if it is a poor choice. No woman has ever succeeded in Nascar before, but I'm not against letting her have a chance.
  • I think that what Jimmie said is the best way to get to the top, regardless of who they are, or think they are. I think she really does need to make a little more noise in the IRL before she seriously considers a NASCAR career.

    And I didn't say anything about how hot I think she is. Until now, that is.
  • i say at least give Danica a shot like everybody else. we'll never know how good she'll be in Nascar until she try's.

    i say let Danica compete in Nascar.
  • I think she should if she does leave IndyCar. I was thinking the same thing- spend a year or two in ARCA or the Nationwide series. I'd like to see her in a stock car, but only if she succeeds. I wouldn't want her to fail in NASCAR.

    I personally think she should stay in IndyCar for now, but her decision is what matters most. If she wants to make the switch to stock cars, then that's fine with me. If she does, she should gain experience and race in the lower series first.
  • YES, Johnson has given her excellent advice and if she doesn't follow it,
    she is in for a big humiliation.
  • Yes, she's not ready and she never will be. To tell you the truth, she really is a medicore driver. She better become the IRL champion before she even thinks about jumping to NASCAR.
  • I think that Jimmie is 100% right with his advice. Look how many open wheelers have tried to jump into cup cars and failed.



    H E N D R I C K~M O T O R S P O R T S~R U L E S ! ! ! ! !sony ericsson k7001
  • No comments: