21.5.09

Why won't a top tier team go after Bobby Labonte?

May be...

  • I like Bobby. But what I'm getting from others is that he's lost the edge, or the desire to win. I think it may be a lack of good equipment and Bobby knows when he has the equipment to challenge for a win...or when he doesn't. I sure would have liked to see him drive for RCR.

    thanks for the shark story. I won't be swimming at Indian Rocks
    Beach anytime soon! LOL j/k
  • I dont think so, hes not a great driver that will be a chase guy, just a top 30.
  • I think Richard Petty Motorsports is what hurt Bobby's career. The equipment really sucked there and it did nothing for Bobby's image. Bobby is a good racer if he has good cars.

    RCR would be great for Bobby Labonte.
  • I just don't get it. Also. Would RCR have offered him a ride if they didn't snag Casey Mears before Bobby left Petty?

    *sidenote*

    Hey check it out. My personal best with a great story behind it.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/37011557@N0...
  • Labonte would be doing a lot better at RCR than Mears. I think that RCR tried to sign Labonte first, but he was dedicated to Petty. When Petty dumped Labonte, Mears was already signed with RCR.
  • Age perhaps, it's the only thing I can think of.
    Bobby would've been better than Casey Mears at RCR.

    Beautiful shark.
    *shivers*
  • nice catch
    i dont really get casey mears but childress must see something in him i dont but i would jump at the opportunity to get labonte he has alot of wisdom the other drivers could use and he would get your car home in one piece too
  • I have no clue either. Labontie is a great driver who has the wins (and championships) to back him up. He really deserves to be in better equipment. And from some of the things I have heard Bobby wanted to drive for RCR, but they may have not offered him a contract. Which is insane if it's true; picking Mears over Labontie. But heck what do I know... It seems Richard is already having a hard enough time getting his cars to run in the top 20 here lately.

    Nice shark btw. I hope I never come across one that big lol.
    We went to the beach here a few weeks ago and I hooked a 3 ft long Hammerhead, surf fishing surprisingly, only about 15ft from the shore. I let him go though. There were a lot of small whiting around so I'm guessing that was what was attracting them. I'm not much of a fishing person. I always end up feeling bad for them and want to let them go lol. It bugs everyone else I go with, they always want to keep them.
  • I don't know why he is never chosen. Maybe they want the younger drivers. Used to be the name LaBonte meant winner.

    MAN you caught that shark??? WOW. How awesome. I caught a baby hammerhead off a pier at Carolina Beach North Carolina. Just a little thing from my elbow to the tips of my fingers but that sure was a prize for me. Even that little thing was a battle.
  • too much fresh meat
    speaking of fresh meat
    i'll take walleye over shark
    and hide out in the North woods
    I'm afraid of sharks
  • rcr offered him a ride in their new #33 cheerios chevy but he decided to stay with petty because of loyalty.when petty had to release him he must of been wishing he went with rcr,but then he could have went and drove the dei #8 but i guess it's a good thing he didn't go their because the #8 is gone.
  • I think if Bobby would have left Petty RCR would have definately picked him up. I dont know why a top tier team wont pick him up. I know if he had good equipment under him and a good team behind him he would be a top driver again like he was 5 years ago.
  • Labonte is too old.

    Do you eat the Spinner Shark or kill them just for fun?
  • I agree with ML. I think his age and marketability might have played a factor in a top tier team not signing him. I was really shocked when he left Petty. There is probably alot behind the scenes we don't know but I like Bobby.

    Congrats on snagging that Shark. I couldn't imagine trying to reel something in like that. Nothing quite that big here at Lake Fork.
  • I don't get it either HMS signed Mark Martin and he is older, and he is not a former Cup Champion like Labonte is.. IDK maybe Bobby is not as flashy or marketable as Mark. I'd rather have Labonte than Martin any day. Oh yes, cool photo of that hammerhead, dang the only shark I ever caught was a banjo shark off the seal beach pier it was only maybe 10 pounds tore up my entire line, it was one tough critter got him in put yes I get him go, then I caught a long string of mussels then I called it quits for the day, and headed for a ice cold Corona. But I'm for Labonte any day, I'm sure he'd do a heck of a lot better than Casey Mears at RCR for sure.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • Bobby's 45 years old. He's a decrepit old man to NASCAR's target audience. Casey's still young and very marketable. I will finally admit that he's not that good of a driver. But I still like him.
    Congrats on the big fishy. Good to know Ugly Sticks aren't just for beating Kyle Busch with. lol j/kthumb hole stock
  • No comments: