30.7.08

More short tracks in NASCAR?

May be...

  • That would be fine with me, especially if Indy is not going to resurface their track. Short tracks are much more interesting in my opinion..............But I would not look for the Brickyard to lose their spot in the rotation; it is too big of a spectacle
  • There is no way they will drop the Brickyard 400, no way! I'd like to see them come to the new 7/8 mile track in Iowa.
    3 STR8 N 08!!!
  • if they get rid of anything i hope it the road races....But no i havent heard of them dropping or adding anything
  • Dont know where you heard, or read, this at... I can practically guarantee that the Cup cars will be at Indy next year, and for many years, to follow...

    As Rowdy said, the Nationwide cars will not be in Mexico City next year... Other than that, until you can provide a solid link with proof of these facts you stated, it is all just a rumor...
  • haven't heard anything about schedule changes other than the nationwide series is dropping their stop in mexico and looking at the iowa speedway to replace it.
  • they are adding kentucky in 2010
    dont know what gets dropped
  • I would pay big money PPV to see a Cup race on Dirt. They used to run them all the time up until the early 70's
  • I hope they do, and bring back Rockingham and Wilkesboro while they are at it.
  • what i don't want them to get rid of Indy!
    And I guess more short tracks are alright, but i do not like martinsville. too slow. i like bristol and richmond.
  • I'd love to see more short tracks.

    Indy isn't going anywhere. It has by far the biggest crowd in NASCAR. It has over 250k seats and they still have some infield areas which can bring crowds over 300k if they wanted. Before they put the F1 track in they had crowds reported to be close to 400k for the Indy 500 (before the split).
  • I heard that NASCAR will be dropping Indy and some others and adding more short tracks. Is this true?

    Sounds good to me, Bristol and Martinsville are my favorite tracks.
  • Indy? The Indianopolis Motor Speedway?
    I haven't heard that false rumor yet
    Anyways, yes, I agree with more short tracks...
    It's fun
  • No comments: