2.8.08

Is it Mike Helton, the insurance companies or various religious groups that limit NASCAR?

May be...

  • You want another guy to go down? Buddy, it's 2008, not 1958. Safety is THAT important.

    Insurance companies are doing what?

    What religious groups? Mormons? Doing what?
  • Well with so many rules and regulations yeah it isn't like it used to be. But then do you want to lose another good man??? I certainly don't. I'll take safety over beatin and bangin though I do love a good wreck when it does not involve my guys.

    There are still a few drivers out there who still have a pair....

    AND...what religious groups??? NASCAR has all my respect in the world that i can muster for keeping the opening prayer before the race!! And except for the invocation prior to the race I don't see anything religious going on.
    I've been to many a race and haven't seen the hare krishnas passing out flowers or anything so I don't know what you mean by the religious thing.
  • It is all three and many more. Sadly we have become a culture ruled by safety first and lawyers. I would like to see the old style of racing but it won't happen.
  • If ya wanna see death and gore, follow drunk drivers home from bars late nights and witness it first-hand, lol !
  • Heck yea man. That's the kind of racing I want to see. Maybe when they get through figuring the car out we can see some real racing. It seems like the new car is a lot safer. Maybe next year after some more testing an tweaking on the car they can do it.
  • Race day and races could be a lot different ya' know - and a lot better! Do we really care about safety THIS much? Wouldn't you rather see a driver with the kind of balls that will let them push it to the edge a beatin' and bangin' on doors all the way down the straight-a-way a crashin' and passin' while the only ones complaining about boo boo dents are the skin men?
  • it aint gonna happen
  • No comments: