30.9.08

Did you hear Paul Menard is leaving DEI for Yates?

May be...

aim pocket pc 2002
  • Menards not that good of a driver.
    Hopefully DEI can get a driver that can yield results.
    And hopefully Truex makes the chase next season.

    Sorry, I disagree with lol Teresa.
    Lol, Junebug....if he were in the #8 car this season, he'd be higher in points standings right now. That car when run by a driver with experience runs better than the #88. He'd still be top dog at DEI instead of 1 of 3 at HMS. Too bad he couldn't keep his ego in check......pity.
  • That's what I read on Sports Center last night.

    I would not be surprised if AJ Allmondinger (spelling) gets a ride with DEI.
  • i don't know about that. yates isn't excactly brining home wins and championships. with truex and amirola now we will probably be hearing more good things from dei in 2009 than we will yates.
  • Tough for DEI. They only have one full time sponsor next year and that is Bass Pro Shops for Truex Jr. Almirola will lose US Army to Stewart Hass most likely and the 01 car may end up shuttting down due to lack of sponsorship
  • Losing a sponsor with deep pockets is usually a very bad deal but in this situation DEI also gets rid of a very poor driver without much hope of improving. Paul will have a ride as long as his dad will sponsor him but he could never make it in NASCAR if he had to attract his own sponsors based on his race production and popularity with the fans. Let's see how long Jack will put up with his lack of performance and all the cars he will wreck over at Yates/Roush/Fenway Racing.
    3 STR8 N 08!!!
  • You reckon DEI regrets letting Jr go now...haha...
  • Yes, I heard the rumor from my two buddies at Penske back in August. I think it's a good move for both Paul and Yates. I also agree with your "lol" at Teresa....she reaps what she sows in my opinion.
  • i just saw something about it through scenedaily.com.
  • Yep I heard that last night, posted a question about it too. I think it's terrible the wicked step-monster couldn't check her ego at the door and let Junior take the 'wheel'. I love DEI because I have been a fan of Dale Earnhardt all my life but to bad he left the majority to her. I would think she would do anything possible to save it for the late-great Intimidator but she is to selfish to see past herself. If it was just her that was going to be in trouble I would be happy but she is jeopardizing DEI not to mention the careers of Truex & Almirola. Shame on her for not giving enough of a damn.

    I hope DEI will be alright and Truex & Almirola are able to do some great things next year all in honor of Dale Earnhardt.
  • Took his Daddy's money with him too.............LOL, Teresa!
  • No comments: