29.9.08

Restrictor plates, love 'em or leave 'em?

May be...

unlocked and ready gsm cell phones
  • Hate 'em and with a passion. Lamest races of the year by far.
  • part of me says keep em for safety reasons, but part of me says let them ponies run...
  • It would be interesting to see the cars over 200 mph. However, the truth is they race closer with them ( especially with the COT car) and only the veteran drivers would have an advantage since the've driven without them at the super speedways.
  • I used to hate them.
    However, they are the only tracks where the COT has improved racing, so I have learned to love them!
  • LOVE EM!!!!!
    It's where Jr. and Gordon rock!!!
    They are the cream that rises to the top when we go to 'Dega or 'Tona
  • Restrictor plate racing is not true racing so leave them. It's only exciting for the fans. If there was not restrictor plate racing Dale Sr would still be with us.
  • I like them but many times feel their races are to long. maybe cut their races in half, give the drivers a break in there.. seems like in the middle one race they all just ride. if you cut that part out. I LOVE them. otherwise i HATE them..
  • Love 'em!
  • I say leave them now that we have the COT. I think it is safe enough to run faster. I realize they were needed before now, but think the drivers would be safe without them now. Maybe even safe considering the field wouldn't have to run in big packs.
  • I love 'dega bring it on Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon should have a great race..and one of them will be in Victory lane.. Dale Jr will win on the 5th its my birthday....go win it Dale Jr..

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • they cant run wihout them they would go airborn
    thats alot of power with that high of gear
  • Love 'em or leave 'em, you better gain way, you better hit bullseye this kid don't play... oh, what were we talking about? Restrictor plates? They're better than our favorite drivers dying, that's for sure.
  • love em

    there awesome they always go down to the last second
  • i like the race at the plate tracks. it really keeps the racing close. they are there for safety reason for drivers and fans. so they are what they are. but would like to see the cup cars run over 200.
  • I'm 50/50!

    On one hand our team has a lot of success there.

    On the other hand, it can tear up a lot of equipment real fast and that is a lot of time in the shop.
  • Luv em! Makes for an interesting race!
  • I don't like them but, Elliott, seems to do well at R.P. races so, for now, they can stay.
  • I like the races, but i think I could do with out them. So I would say leave 'em.
  • I'm a simple girl, I'll take any kind of track they put out there..
    Love em'
  • Love em.
  • Love 'em!!! I can't wait for Talladega this weekend! Too bad I'm probably going to be out of town and miss it :(
  • I say get rid of them, but I can understand that they make racing at the superspeedways safer for the fans and the drivers.
  • I like them! It would be hard not to like them, they are so exciting! This next wk should be great, can hardly wait!
  • My choice would be leave them. It is like the chase in a way. Something needed to get done but at what sacrifice? Both with and without have their pros and cons.
  • leave'em, leave'em,and ummmmmmmm oh ya leave'me
  • LEAVE 'em!

    I have too many reasons that I dislike them to list here. Get RID of them and bring back the REAL competition!


    GOOOOOOOOOOOOO J Gordon!
  • i do not like restirictor plates
  • leave them for speed..love them for safety. Hard to say.
  • I absolutely love plate races. They are so exciting and so fun to watch.
  • Hate 'em but understand them as being necessary. I wish they would just make the engines smaller, change the car body shape back to the older cars, keep the COT wing and chassis, and then remove the restrictor plates.
  • love'em
  • No comments: