4.10.08

What do you guys think about Brad Keselowski running the no.5 car this weekend?

May be...

  • Apparently,Casey Mears' girlfriend is close to her due date and he wants to be there with her in case she goes into labor.
    If I misinterpreted,feel free to correct me(as I am sure you will) ;)
  • That would be great ! I hope he can qualify it !
  • Well he is supposed to make his Sprint Cup debut at the Lowes Motor Speedway in that #5 car for Hendricks, if I'm not mistaken. Don't know if he is actually running it at Dega though, other than the last few minutes of this first practice.
  • yep it was good to see they let him practice just in case
    but he's making his bebut at lowes next week anyway
  • um, i am pretty sure he was in the car towards end of practice, and i think what i heard is that he will get in if casey mears has to leave but i might be wrong bcuz everytime they started talking about it my family started talking so i dont know!!!! lol but i hope brad drives, he needs the experiense, and i cant wait till he drives at lowes, i am goin to that race, would be awesome if he won, even better if earnhardt jr won!!!
  • Yeah, they were talking about Casey's girlfriend during practice. Good luck to them and also good luck to Brad. He will for sure learn a whole lot at Talladega.
  • It's cool, but this is the first that I've heard about it. Can you provide a link?
    Brad will be in the 5 eventually, so he would be the natural choice.
  • They said Casey's girlfriend is close to her due date and just in case he had to go they would put brad in the car for a little practice and if casey had to go brad would drive the number 5. I believe he will be in the 25 at Lowes.
  • I believe it was just for practice but good for Brad if he gets the call.
  • Cool if that happens.
  • Its awesome, since theres not a Nationwide race, this just gives Brad some Cup experience...I'm sure Brad will be ready if the Labor & Delivery room calls for Casey.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • Had a feeling that was why. Scary thought to have a new guy (per say) @ the Talladega Race of all races. I love how they bring in new guys for the Chase Wild Card. Smart Stuff.
  • Well good for him, hope it is true.
    I havent heard anything about it yet.
  • Good for him!!
    I like Brad, hope he does well.
  • From what I could tell watching practice, the put Brad in the car to get some seat time just in case Casey's girlfriend goes into labour. It was my understanding that Brad is just the back up.
  • Neat. Should be interesting.
  • If Casey has chosen to be by her side more power to him. I sure this is a decission between him and the car owner.
    And besides, Brad has been proving himself and he should have an oppertunity to race when he can.hawaii best time to go
  • No comments: