28.9.08

What was the first nascar cup race you ever saw?

May be...

holocaust museaum washington
  • The first one I saw live was the 07 Michigan race in June.

    First race I saw on t.v I cant remember. I was 5 so I dont remember that far back to the exact race.
  • the 2001 brickyard we had to get up at like 4 in the morning and drive down to indy. i was so tired
  • Well I've never seen one in person and on tv I dont remeber the first on tv that I saw. But, the first one I watched where I became interested in Nascar was the 2005 Daytona 500 and Jeff Gordon won!!! That is when I picked him as my favorite driver. lol
  • In person it was the 1980 Talladega 500, Neil Bonnet won the race. My dad and I sat on the grassy hill on the back stretch. I was hooked and have been going to races every year since.
  • Can't remember...
    But I know Jeff Gordon won it...and it was in 2003
    That was a great day...
  • Atlanta Motor Speedway 2005
  • The first race that I saw was the 2002 Pennsylvania 500. I was also lucky enough for my favorite driver, Bill Elliott, to pick up the win. He also won the Brickyard the very next week.
  • The 1st cup race that I saw in person was the 1976 World (Now Coca-Cola) 600 at Charlotte (now Lowe's) Motor Speedway. David Pearson, my fellow South Carolinian, won. I was only 3 months old. (lol I wish)
    I don't remember the 1st race that I saw on TV. Sucks to be old. : )
  • 2001 Daytona 500 but I didn't really start watching until mid-2002.
  • On TV or in person?
    On TV the 1988 Daytona 500.
    In person, I didn't start going until just last year. My son is in the Autism spectrum, so we had to wait until he was older and could handle it.
    Last year's race at LVMS was my first live race.
  • First race I ever attended was a sad one, World 600 1964, when Fireball Roberts had that awful crash, Fireball and Fred Lorenzen were my favorite drivers back then... R.I.P Fireball. I was 11 y/o my mom would never let me go to the tracks before that. I watched them on TV ever since I was old enough probably 5 or 6 yrs old, yeah they were in black & white, but most of the races were on replay. I listened to them on the radio, they were not on TV every weekend like they are now.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • The first race I've been to was Richmond. I forget the first race I watched. It was somewhere back in the 90s.
  • The 1995 Daytona 500. This was only a few months after I met dale Sr. and this was my first race that I watched the whole thing. I recall Sr. coming in 2nd...and Sterling Marlin winning. I watched it on TV.

    The first live race that I attended was the Miller 500 in PA and Rusty Wallace won it.
  • Gosh, I used to watch the races with my dad when I was a kid and I really don't remember the first one. The first cup race I attended was Richmond.
  • the NHMS race when Robby Gordon won cuz Tony ran out of fuel.
    WHAT A BUMMER.
  • I don't remember... all I know is that it was in the 80's and I cheered for Geoff Bodine.
  • Daytona 500-1965 in person. Saw the first Daytona 500 broadcast live on ABC Wide World of Sports in 1959 I think it was, when the fight broke out on the track after the wreck on the final lap.
  • I believe it was the 1992 Daytona 500 when the late Davey Allison won.
    The last 10 laps it was a battle between Davey, Morgan Shepard and Michael Waltrip. I don't even remembering breathing the last ten laps because both Davey and Michael were my favorite drivers and to be there when one or the other one the 500 well words could not describe how i felt.
  • ''72'' Dixie 500 @Atlanta
  • 2003 - Sirius at the Glen
    It was on my Birthday. Picked Harvick as my driver the same day too. Guess thats why I like the Road Courses so much :)

    The first live race I ever saw was the Pepsi 400 in 05 at Daytona.
  • my very 1st one i was to young to remember
    but my moms got pics of me at bristol martinsville and charlotte
  • 2006 Pennsylvania 500 - Live
    2000 NASCAR Winston Cup Race at Talladega - First TV Race
  • No comments: