2.10.08

What is the first race you ever attended?

May be...

  • Pocono in I want to say 96 or 97. I remember it well but i don't remember the year (wierd i know)
  • Talladega april 2004. Jr won. It was awesome except my driver did'nt win
  • New Hampshire

    I am sorry to do this in here, but seriously kelly what did I do to you, leave me alone. I did nothing to you.

    I wish I knew, but she hates me or I should say my choice in drivers, however with this happening I have found out that some of my contacts feel the same as she does, so I guess I should thank her.

    No try like round 7 she has had 5 questions deleted about me tonite.
  • We had to hold off on going to actual races for a long time.
    My 14 year old son has a hard time with over-stimulation and just wouldn't have been able to handle that much of it. (Asperger's)
    Last year's race at LVMS was our first.

    He did okay, did even better this year. So now it's an annual event.
  • Drag Racing at BIR
  • My first cup race was the 2004 Food City 500 at Bristol with Kurt Busch winning and Dale Jr spinning hisself out on purpose to bring out a caution to keep from going a lap down and bragging about it on the team radio. Nascar frowned upon that bigtime.
  • My first race was Talladega April 27, 2008....and I've been hooked ever since...I'm hoping to get tickets to Atlanta...

    Kyle Busch won under caution with Montoya in second
  • Daytona 500 I was 12 and oh ya ILUVRS SUCKS...........see you can run but you can't hide cry baby!

    I have 5 downs and she has 7 ups, You people are crazy!
  • Martinsville 2005 was my first race! I have a funny story! There was this Rusty Wallace fan sitting in front of us and he was acting like he was driving a car and when Rusty would make a turn so would he! Then when Rusty would pass by where we were sitting that man would hold up his can of Miller Lite! Then Rusty wrecked and that guy was Mad! Then when we were leaving there we had to walk down this hill well everyone had been pouring the water out of their coolers there and it was soo slick and this man was like be careful that hill is slicker than greased owl ****! It was pretty funny I thought!
  • 1993 August MIS race... wow i was 5 and dont remember much

    It seems that Nascar drivers dont leave, like we have the same drivers every year, but interesting fact, only 4* full-time drivers of 43 still racing today who drove in that race.

    *Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon, Michael Waltrip, and Bobby Labonte.

    (Bill Elliott, Terry Labonte, Ken Schrader and Kyle Petty non-full time)
  • August 1960,Dixie Speedway,Midfield Alabama.
    Race won by Ned Jarrett.Race had 3 Pettys raceing(Lee,Richard,Maurice).
  • Phoenix 02. I had to take my twins. They were almost 2 years old.
  • The Marlboro 500 at Michigan International Speedway 1990...
    ...(yawns)...
    ...open wheel sucks...
  • Pheonix in 1995. I live in Missouri and all the stars came together because my ex-brother in law's uncle lived in Pheonix and they were both race fans. His uncle had a nice house in the suburbs that we stayed at and he drove us around in a sweet '85 Bronco because he was one of the founder's of the "Ari-Veda" 4 wheelers club.(Short for Arizona-Neveda)
    Never in my life would I have dreamed I would be flying to Arizona to attend a Cup race. But I did. Twice!

    There was a crash and somebodys car punched a hole in the wall and they had to red flag the race for 45 minutes to repair the wall. People were whining about the delay but I looked at it as a bonus 45 minute extension to one of the best days of my life! Ricky Rudd won!
    I went back a 2nd time in 1996 and we sat on the back side of the track. I saw Bobby Hamilton win in Petty's #43!! I SAW THE 43 WIN!!
  • Gosh I have been going to races since I was just a little squirt so honestly I can't remember my first but I do know had to be back in the 70's.
  • The first race I ever attended was the spring race at Pocono in 2004. I remember it was cold and the race seemed to take forever.

    I do have a funny story though about my mom's first race which was the spring race at Loudon last year. We got to the grandstands and just sat down when she saw Tony Stewart in the Old Spice car. That was all we heard about the whole weekend.
  • 1971 Daytona 500 I was 10
  • I don't watch Nascar.
  • Feel free to add any interesting/funny stories from that event.
    My first race was the Fall Charlotte race in 2004.Jimmie Johnson won in the HMS 20th Anniversary platinum car to start a string of four wins in five events(Charlotte,Martinsville,Atlanta,Da... was at that one,too!)
  • My first race was last years Michigan June race. Carl Edwards won,
    Funny thing (well atleast funny in my eyes) My cousin was there and him and 4 of his buddies made a bet about what car make would win and he picked chevy to win, I told him he was going to lose his butt, because a ford was going to win. And I was like if I had money I would bet you right now that Carl Edwards in a ford would win. Too bad I didnt because I would have won.
  • i'll have to ask mom i was just a baby
  • my first race was also the fall charlotte race. but it was 1991, the mello-yello 500. i was also at jeff gordons first career win, the 1994 coke 600. i was at that martinsville race you mentioned in 2004. if i'm not mistaken that was the race when the hendrick plane crashed, killing ricky hendrick and the others. i camped that weekend as i always do at martinsville and it was a cold, misty, foggy, miserable weekend.
  • Daytona 1968 , I was four !
  • My very first was the Firecracker 400 on or about July 4th,
    1960-something. I was about 6 at the time. I don't remember much except the noise and as a 6 year old I found that exhilarating!

    As an adult, my first race I attended was Phoenix in 2003. And Jr won! My husband the Jeff Gordon fan was not impressed. Nor was he impressed when after the race, as we were trying to walk between some cars lined up bumper to bumper on a track access road, that Jeff Burton almost ran him over. He actually bumped him with a rental car. My husband hit the hood of the hood of the car with his fist and said some bad words. I cut behind him and in front of Matt Kensenth who was much more pleasant and didn't hit me. :-) I've referred to Jeff Burton as "husband killer" ever since. But I still like him.
  • I haven't attended a NASCAR event yet, per se, although I have been to a few Monster Truck Rallies and several Demolition Derbies... I hope to catch either the truck series or the Nationwide series at Gateway next year...
  • My very first race was the Daytona Nationwide race this past February. I remember the bus driver that took us from the parking lot to the stadium was driving like a mad man and everyone on the bus kept reminding him that he wasn't in the race.
    Other than that it was pretty awesome.
  • Pocono 500 in 2003
    My current favorite at the time, Jimmie Johnson, was on the pole and my brother's favorite, Tony Stewart, won. That was a great day!
  • The 2005 Oct Atlanta race.....the Bass Pro Shops WNBA 500. Rusty (my then favorite) was involved in a wreck on like lap 6 but I made my mom stay anyway. And Carl (my now favorite) won the race.
  • Phoenix. Before PIR was holding NASCAR races, was going to the Copper World Classic in February's (awesome day at the races), and what was called Winston West (similar to ARCA today), the forerunner of NASCAR at that track.
    Before NASCAR Richard & Kyle Petty would BOTH attend the Copper World, and The King did finish first, Kyle second that day. Bill Cheesbourgh (9 time Indy 500 driver), and Bobby Unser were both in that race. Never forget it.where are they now yes members
  • No comments: