1.10.08

Rusty Wallace coming back to racing?

May be...

  • I hope not. Crusty sucks.
  • It may sound like a rumor and may be a rumor but I have always felt he left too early. I've also had this gut feeling that he wants to race again ... no matter what comes out of his mouth I think it's still in his heart.. Rusty was always consistent as a driver. I'd like to see him race again.
  • Could be,,,,,,,,,I am sure he misses it and even though I am not a fan he is still better than a bunch that are out there right now.


  • http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/ra...
  • Oh boy! Here comes trouble! j/k :-)
    My first thought before I read the article was, "Well, Brett did it!"
    I know a lot of people who would love to see Rusty give it another shot.
  • That would have been cool. Even if it was temporary. I'd love to just hear him say "I have a hot rod today" just once more.
  • Oh great I guess he needs his ego stroked some more.
  • he cant because rusty has been racing since 1970s
  • I would rather watch him race then listen to him in the booth !
  • Juju,

    As much as I agree, the race would be missing so many of the old time greats(Dale Earnhardt, The Hamiltons, etc.) that it wouldn't be the same. Plus, I don't know how many retired guys they could get to step back into a car.

    On the article- I think Rusty should stay where he is, he was a good driver, but he belongs in the booth now, with DJ
  • He is still denying it, but it would be interesting. Maybe they should get together all the "old" drivers for an exhibition. Jarrett, D.W., drag Childress out there, Petty, etc.

    *JUJU*
  • I dont think that is a good idea. I already cant stand him when he broadcasts. I dont think I could handle it if he came back to racing.
  • AWESOME!!!!
  • Not happening:

    From an article at SPEEDtv.com by Kenny Wallace: The hot NASCAR rumor right now is not something you’d hear anywhere other than around the race shops in Mooresville, N.C. Everyone wants to know if my brother Rusty Wallace is coming out of retirement to drive for Dale Earnhardt Inc. next season. I’m running the #00 Michael Waltrip Racing Toyota in Sunday’s Sprint Cup Series race at Talladega and was at Michael’s shop Tuesday being fitted for my seat. Six different crew members came up to me and said they’d heard a rumor Rusty was coming back to drive for DEI. These rumors get started in the Mooresville area because the shops are so close to each other and nothing can be kept secret for long. All I can say is that where there’s smoke, there’s fire. And he is definitely considering stepping back into a race car. He’s considering this huge move because he watched Brett Favre come out of retirement in the NFL and his good friend Mark Martin is giving it another shot next year at Hendrick. If Mark had quit, Rusty would have been comfortable with his retirement. But watching Mark, who is a couple of years younger than my brother, stage this comeback has really tugged on Rusty’s heartstrings. Rusty has told me numerous times he can outrun half the drivers in the Cup Series and he truly is giving a lot of thought to returning to the track. If he wants to make that commitment, I’ll support him 110-percent. The decision is Rusty’s and his wife Patti’s, but I think the whole possibility is very inspirational and I’m looking forward to his answer. If he comes back, I think he’ll be a bit surprised by the new car. I predict Rusty will be successful but he’ll be shocked that he won’t have control of the chassis the way he used to. He’ll have an adjustment period because the cars are controlled by engineers, bump-stops and seven-post machines, technology that wasn’t in such great use when he left the sport. There is no doubt Rusty has the talent to run well but he’ll probably be upset he won’t be able to set up the car on his own or tell the team how to do it. Maybe we’ll know sometime soon if I’m right or not.


    UPDATE: Rusty Wallace on Wednesday denied a report that he is considering ending his three-year retirement to drive again -- possibly for former rival Dale Earnhardt's team. "I love Kenny to death; he's been trying to get me back in a car ever since I retired after 2005," Rusty Wallace said in a statement. "While any rumors like this are certainly flattering, they're untrue. I have a long-term commitment to ABC and ESPN and I really love what I'm doing right now."
  • i say interesting, cause last week i posted a question asking "who would you like to come back and race once again, Rusty Wallace or Darrell Waltrip?". well, i guess for those who chose Rusty will get their chance to see him race.
  • He needs to quit in the broadcast booth. He is the most annoying announcer they have. He wishes his son could finish a race. Steven and Rusty history.game jawbreaker pc
  • No comments: