23.2.09

Did you see the interview that DW did with Dale Jr before the race?

May be...

  • i saw that Interview. he told it like was, and was honest the whole time. i hope to see more like that in the future.
  • I enjoyed watching the interview. That was the real Dale Jr. He is a very open person.
  • Very glad that both Jr. and Vickers owned up for what they did.
  • i agree with jr 100% and i think it was fault on both of the drivers and whats in the past is in the past you really cant do anything about it now but when the next daytona race comes later in the year this will be the talk of the nation again
  • Yes I saw the interview yesterday, this is why I like Junior so much. He is a honest and proud person.

    ANd he put it out there on the line yesterday. I thought it was a bit funny, but he also manned up to just plain missing the stop on the first pit. Kinda peek my curiosity who he was speaking of when he made the comment of he felt sorry for 80% of who got wrecked and 20% he really didn't care. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

    Junior told it like it was. I would like to see one person on here who doesn't particularly care for Junior and just live one week in his shoes.
    See what this man has to go through day in and day out. He is under alot of pressure and I think he has handled it pretty darn good so far.
    I don't ever want Junior to be like his dad, that is not why I like him, I like him for him, he is a down to earth well respected young man. ANd 95% of the time he respects the drivers when he is racing, every now and again he will have a moment that he messes up, but he always, ALWAYS, mans up to it. (Even if it takes a week)

    Junior is and will always be my #1 driver.
    Junior will shine in 09.
    (It has only been 2 races and he needs to get those mulligans out of the way now)
  • Here is how I feel. I love NASCAR, but I feel there are other people who could replace him. He knows he will never be nothing like his daddy and I wouldn't either if I was him. Dale Sr. got most of his wins by wrecking people anyways. The older people that likes Jr. is because of his name.. The younger people that don't know anything about racing started liking him because of Budweiser when he was driving the #8. I don't hate him. I just don't think he is a good driver. There are better drivers in this world who does not even have an opportunity because of Jr. out there just because of his name. I would bet money on this. If it wasn't for his daddy, he would not even be in the Busch series. I do love his attitude though. I think he has the coolest personality out there.

    But anyways.. my point being. GO JEFF GORDON. THE DRIVE FOR FIVE IS ON, BABY!!!
  • Ok, I'll give you this. I'm glad he manned up about the incident and took most of the blame because BLOCKING is racing, but so is RETALIATION... That is just part of the sport, and I love it.. Atleast he was trying to be honest tho

    I have this to add though about that interview.. IT WAS RIDICULOUS.. That whole thing wouldn't have been done for ANY other driver if it wasn't Dale Jr. They explode and exploit every little thing that happens in that mans life... I mean if that was almost anyone else it wouldn't have been talked about by many after the race, OR a full frickin' interview dedicated to it. I almost changed the channel during one of the "Sprinkling Cautions" because they started to show parts of it again. NASCAR needs to get off his... well, you know..
  • Yes I did I thought it was great. He is honest. Yes, he is under the microscope more than any driver out there, he is damned if he does and damned if he don't. I would change my last name. He doesn't like being compared to his dad, and people keep doing it, he is his own man, he drives cause he loves it. I hope by the time he retires he has over 30 wins and a champioship. Yes, he is a great person, and a very honest person. I could tell the interview was alittle uncomfortable, but yes maybe some of his haters saw that interview and finally realize he is a great person, honest driver, respectable driver. Its racing and wrecks and accidents are gonna happen, and he is not immune to causing them or being in them, its racing.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • I've always known that about Jr. He's always been under such enormous pressure to perform, to live up to an impossible legacy. He's doing what he loves, and I wish his fans would just stop pushing him so hard.

    I'm not a Jr fan, nor am I a 'Jr Hater', and I don't think you have to be either/or.
  • I heard it once say, "I am the best driver out there".
  • Racheal, you could'nt be more wrong, I've been a NASCAR fan since the early 90's, I was not much of a Dale Sr, fan, and I think Budweiser's piss so that rules both of your theories out. Dale Sr was not the type to hand anything to anyone, not even his kids. Jr bought his first race car a 79 Monte Carlo late-model, with money he earned doing oil changes at Dale Earnhardt Chevrolet, Sr helped him set it up but after that it was you race it you fix it. Not only that he had to share the car with his brother and sister as well. Jr paid his dues running at places like Hickory and Myrtle Beach. By the time he started running what's now the Nationwide Series, he was living in a mobile home with Kerry. Now that I'm on that, Jr only ran 2 full seasons in NNS, and won the title in both of them and has 22 wins there, hardly lucky to get a ride. Coming from a Gordon fan, this is kinda odd since it was Dale Sr who recommended that Rick Hendrick hire Jeff in the first place. I mean how good would've Jeff been if he'd been at Bill Davis Racing(or was it Wood Bros, I forget) all these years.
  • Would Tony Stewart or Kurt Busch called to apologize for what happened like Dale did? Yeah, right. Just goes to show you that Junior really is a man. Hopefully he can win a few races this year.
  • Yes i did see it. He said it like a real honest MAN . He will never be like his dad but who could be.
  • I only dislike him because he's my mom's favorite so we have a friendly rivalry. I don't think there's anything wrong with him as a person, however, I think Nascar treats him differently than other drivers and that's not fair. I also think a small number of his fans are just awful. They can be rude and obnoxious, but that's not his fault.
  • Yes, I did see it & that is what us Junior fans have grown to love about the guy is his total honesty. He took the blame called Vickers to apologize and was ready for this week. I find it funny when DW told him he was driving a little aggressive like his dad and Junior said "What's wrong with that" I also did get a kick out of when he said he felt bad for about 80% of the guys he wrecked the other 20% he didn't even care if they were there or not. Wonder who he was talking about? I'm not going there just curious.

    He's right though about his popularity as all of us Junior fans are aware of, and reminded of daily that is popularity doesn't reflect his success on the track. He is the most popular driver because of the man he has grown to be and what he stands for. Sr raised his boy well. True fans aren't fans just because of the checks in win column it stretches far beyond that. Junior is an honest stand up guy. Luv him!

    Gooooo Junior!
  • Yep I saw it and was impressed. I have never disliked Jr. as he was once my absolute favorite.
    That being said I was glad that he did finally take responsibility for the Daytona wreck...not that it matters much but for some drivers and their fans who were hurt over it..(Yes I had hurt feelings) its like a healing balm. Now...I had to laugh...here I was defending him about the colored flags on how he chose pick or yellow whatever and so did everyone else and that is why he missed his stall at Daytona...and last night on the interview he said "Oh I wasn't paying attention I just used the colored flag thing as an excuse" and then he laughed and I had to laugh too. He can be funny.
    So yeah...the man lives in his fathers shadow and that is a burden no one should have to bear. I do feel for him in that way.
  • All I--being a hardcore Gordon fan---have to say is that ...

    .. to me it was a heated moment with Waltrip and Jr... it was like a conflict between them... referring to the way Waltrip talked of Jr.'s concentration and his main focus.. and him not having it.. and how Jr. came back with the statement.. it was like he was kinda angry.. but they laughed it off (Waltrip did).. and Jr. smiled..

    I dunno.. that's my view..

    But, yeah I think he was TRYING to be honest.. not fully, but trying.. in my opinion..

    But he can't simply blame himself... he's Dale Jr...the fans love him, so why blame him? (I'm not saying its entirely his fault.. but I will explain myself)

    BUT you know what I think... I think this happened.. Jr. being who he is, being a driver who much is expected off.. to follow in his dad's footsteps.. to be good at restrictor plate tracks... to put down all the media's rumors of "when he was going to do something, win something.. a champioonship.. whether it was too late".. to win the 500.. he over did things at the race.. he.. gave 110% when all he had was 90%... He made mistakes.. he wanted to lead, get up front.. when all e shoild have done was calm down and have patience.. he wanted to do what was expected of him.. and he was not cautious.. and he made that big mistake..

    And to make things worse.. it all came down harder at California..

    That's what I think..
  • I didn't see the whole interview just parts cause I had to work. But I know Jr. and he is honest and trustworthy. He tells it like it is no "pink air" there. That is why I love him so much.
  • I would agree also, He is VERY honest, and with that I give him the respect he deserves, for his honesty and integrity!
  • I thought it was very good and Dale Jr. was extremely honest. He said something in reference to his success not matching up to his popularity and he was right on the money. I think the HATERS need to take a step back (only the ones that are real NASCAR fans) and think about it. Can you imagine the pressure that he goes through every day being the son of one of the greatest drivers ever? He races because he loves it and I have even more respect for him that he has won 18 times in his career under that microscope. I have never said that he is a GREAT driver and neither has he. He is however, a great person and that is all that matters in this life....................Your thoughts???
  • Yes!! I did see that. I just can't wait to see if ol DW can keep up with Jr. when he hangs out with him for that week, and see if Jr is loosing his focus. I hope DW can keep up!
  • completey agree
    it just proves haters wrong he always takes responsibility for his action
  • yes
  • He always looks at the ground and not at the camera or the interviewer. Mom always said that was sign of a guilty conscience, so I feel sorry for him. Seems he feels awfully ashamed of himself about something but won't admit what. (And no this is not a "Junior is gay" reference, I'm just saying he seems to be ashamed of something. Who knows what?
  • Yea... I actually gained some respect for JR.fulbright piano competition
  • No comments: