9.8.08

After the yawnfests @ Indy, Pocono, and Canada is NASCAR producing an inferior product??

May be...

  • Let me guess you're one of the guys that likes watching follow the leader at Talladega waiting for a big wreck. The only thing inferior is your knowledge or appreciation of auto racing.

    I think Obama promises more wrecks at Nascar races. You'll be set bro.
  • NASCAR is having some problems. Hopefully, they will overcome them. This ain't their first rodeo.

    I live in the drought-stricken south. Watching grass grow would be extremely entertaining to me right now. : )
  • I'll give you Indy as a yawnfest but to me Pocono and the race in Montreal was good at least in my opinion. There was drama that played out in all of them though. Ill say it, to me Pocono was almost the best race of the year. No one could keep up with the strategies going through the drivers and crew chiefs mind.That's good Nascar to me. I'm with Lynn on watching grass grow, that's a big deal here where I live in Texas. I also like to watch paint dry too.
  • What were you expecting? NASCAR has to adapt. It can't be the same technology that they were running 30 or 20 or even 10 years ago.
    They put the COT in place. Granted, it was a bit pre-maturely, but it's here, and they're still working out the kinks and bugs.
    Any true fan would understand this, and stick it out while they do.

    Tbone saw something in your question that I'm not sure if anyone else would have. I know I wouldn't have. He did answer your question and the way you responded, proved him right. You can say you've been a NASCAR fan for 40 years, and maybe you have been, but if all your looking for is the thrill and excitement of what happens on short tracks, and fail to see the strategy and equal, but different excitement at any other type of track, you can't possibly appreciate the sport.

    So...If you're that disgusted with NASCAR, stop watching.
    If you're that unimpressed with the answers given to you here, stop coming.
  • Before I decided to answer this question I took a look at your profile and some of the questions that you have answered. It's been a month since you even answered a question in the Nascar section.That being said, right now Nascar is going thru a lot of changes. When they switched to the COT it changed a lot of things. It's not going to be the way it used to be. Everything changes, that's part of life, Personally I think Nascar has done a pretty good job of handling things. Indy may not of been the most exciting race, but it was a smart call by Nascar to put driver safety first. I have to agree with Jay, Lynn, Super Dave & the others the true fans will stick with it. We have a good group of very knowledgable people in this section and a lot of very good points were brought up by all. I just don't see why you felt the need to come on here and insult the good members in this forum. Maybe you should stay in the political section. You insulted all of us, not just the 3 you called out. Report me if you choose, but you are the one who should of been reported.
  • No inferior product in NASCAR. Maybe in Elections???
  • Yeah, I posted here couple a times and deal with the same bs. You gotta understand most of these jerks with 1000 of points don't have alife that what makes em such *** holes. See notin wrong with your ? wonder if they know what the rest YA say about em.
  • shutup dude pocono was good infinion was a bunch of sprints and i liked it. i stoped watching canada cause the cameras couldent get all the raceing and i watch the last 10 laps at dega if i get bored but i usually dont it's alot more than following the leader are u realy even a fan??
  • Nascar just gets me by until Football season ! Nascar causes more sleep on Sunday than a Turkey dinner !
  • I agree the cot has caused it take the rear wing off and let 'em get sideways more often.The wing actually isn't the problem they need to take the end plates off the rear spoiler!! Everyone rants about how great the drivers are getting at saving their cars, the cars basically right themselves now when they get sideways.It's like they are driving with training wheels. Put 'em back in the old cars and see who rises to the occasion
  • Yes. The COT has caused it.
  • I'll give you Indy, but I thought Pocono was better than it usually is and the Nationwide race in Montreal was actually good. I like road courses and I'm looking forward to the Glen. I don't think NASCAR is producing an inferior product. Just a different product. I like beatin' and bangin' and lead changes and fender bendin' as much as the next race fan, but I can also appreciate a good pit stop and race off pit road, a fuel mileage gamble, and driver finesse.
  • And next *YAWN* Watkins Glen. I think that they sould mount a camera in the infield so we can watch the grass grow, that would be more entertaining!
  • yea maybe its not racing the way it used to be but true nascar fan will stick it out, me, myself wouldnt stop watching racing because of the lack of passing and competition on the track...this is something new just like the chase, still working out the kinks, in order for the sport to keep growing they had to take a chance on some things and there doing that..bare with them...its not that bad...pocono we all know is boring but that last fuel mileage run wasnt...and as far as Indy, it wasnt what everyone wanted to see but it was different because it gave all drivers a new challenge plus the fastest guy won for a change and not someone who happend to get two tires on the last stop and win on chance...and that montreal race...that was the 1st time in histroy they tried rain tires and i think they did pretty good...they just didnt know when to call it quits until cars running under caution started wrecking, so Nascar is not doing a bad job at all, if its so bad then stop watching and otherwise you wouldnt even be in here complaining if it was
  • Sorry you are so bored with our great sport. You have to take the good with the bad.

    BTW...TBone is one of the best fans on here and far from the idiot you are making yourself out to be. How nice for you that you can call yourself a fan for 40 years, but then say you are only a fan of certain tracks. Why be so judgmental? Some questions just aren't up to par either, no matter what race you are.

    Go Jr.>>>>
  • No comments: