8.8.08

What do you think of the races at the Auto Club speedway? (formerly California Speedway)

May be...

  • Send the races there back to Darlington and Rockinham.
  • I really dont care for california
    its boring
    like mich' chicago and several others
  • i cant stand it
    its boring
    and it took from darlington
  • I live about 30-40 minutes from the track depending on the wonderful So Cal traffic.. The spring race is okay, its not my favorite track. They need to drop this labor day weekend out there, its to F'G HOT last yr 158-160 degree track temps, and its still hot when the race starts late in the afternoon..Its just the wrong weekend, college football, and NFL have already started, and this yr OMG the Angels and Dodgers are doing great. Its the last big beach weekend from Malibu to Doheny beach down in Dana Point there will be over 2 million people at the beach out here, family BBQ's at the beach, home, backyard.. Too much going on for people to go to the track... I'm working the fan fest on Thursday and going to qualifying on Friday, I might make the Nationwide race, but I won't be at the Cup race, and next yr I'm going to Myrtle Beach, SC.. Nascar get this race back where it belongs Darlington, SC the Lady in Black does Nascar proud there won;t be a empty seat in the house...One race out here a yr is enough. I've seen some good races, but we can not fill the stands out here..

    edit: but Nascar fans in So Calif will go to Phoenix and Vegas, they just have better races.

    Go Dale Jr & Hms
  • i live about 25 minutes away from it and i think it's not the most exciting track by far. the way it's setup leaves a lot to be desired - it's near impossible to see the cars as they go down the backstretch, and along the frontstretch the cars are right up against the wall, which is just high enough so you can't see them. so, you can only really see them well going down into turn one and coming out of turn four. even with great seats, binoculars are a necessity. and as it tends to get really spread out, it's not as exciting as races at say vegas, not to mention nearly every other track on the circuit.

    the winter/spring race here is ok and i enjoy going to see them, especially so i can check out the merchandise trailers; but the labor day race - you can have it. one race a year here is enough, and the weather here in february and march is better than most parts of the country. labor day, however, it gets around 140 degrees down around the track and is not exciting enough to get me out to risk sunstroke and severe dehydration. i wouldn't mind seeing that race moved to vegas or back to darlington, but leave the earlier race here.
  • It's cool,it isn't my favorite but it's cool. My dad got me into nascar and I really like daytona but I like california speedway too.
  • One of my least favorite racetracks on the circuit. Its just never an exciting race to watch. I think they need to cut it down to just one race a season and give the other race to a new circuit. I always thought the sprint cup should make a stop in Canada. (NOT MONTREAL)
  • Never been there. Not my favorite track, but it is cool because of the 3 and 4 wide racing.
  • It,s a cool track...Saw a truck and busch race there some years back...I remember parking was a breeze!!!
  • No comments: