29.8.08

Are you going to be confused come time for the 2009 Daytona 500?

May be...

  • It usually takes me a couple of races to get it thru my brain that things are no longer what they appear. I'll still look for Tony in a bright orange Home Depot car, for Carl in an Office Depot red car, and Ryan in an Altell blue car. Heck, even now when I see Kasey Kahne in that Budweiser car I forget its not Jr. To this day I have to think twice about who's driving that 22 CAT car or the Target car. My Mom doesn't even try. When we watch races together I feel like I'm taking my silly season practical, she asks so many questions. Even the announcers get it wrong occassionally at the beginning of the season.

    But Tony Stewart will probably be the one I'll have trouble remembering all season.
  • I am still kind of pouty that Tony Stewart is going to be leaving that orange #20 at Gibbs. I know eventually I will get over it but it just takes awhile. And Mark Martin going to leave DEI and driving the #5 at HMS. I guess those two things are what bothers me the most.
  • With all these silly season changes affecting almost every team on the track, what will be that one change that you won't get used to until 2010?
  • I STILL have to remind myself that Jr is not in the Bud car anymore. The 5 car early this year was hard to remember that it it wasn't Kyle anymore. I think next year the toughest one to get will be the #20 and #2 cars. Tony has been with JGR and Home Depot for so long that it will take awhile to get it right.
    3 STR8 N 08!!!
  • hell yeah -im always confused for a week or 2
    it didnt used to be like that
    the good ol'days
  • Probably. I know I don't think I have ever seen this much of a mix up as far as drivers changing teams, new sponsors, numbers, crews, new teams, and new drivers coming into the series. I think the toughest thing for me though will be seeing someone other than Stewart in that #20 for JGR. That will definitely take some getting used to.
  • No i will not
  • Tom, I am always confused; but I always manage to straighten myself out just in time.

    I think Mark Martin at Hendrick will be hard to get use to. I hope it works out.
  • Yes I always am, Tony Stewart in a different car and everybody else swapping rides.
  • time moves slow in the fl keys so i just go along with the flow and will go along with the 2009 nascar schedule.
    http://nascar.about.com/od/2009nascarsea...

    change i wont get use to until 2010 would be tony stewart driving and buying in to haas.
  • I guess Tony not being in an orange car with The Home Depot on the hood & Ryan not being in a blue car with alltel on the hood. And Joey in the 20 not Tony. (least it still kinda rhymes). But I'll get used to it before 2010, believe me.
  • Probably next season is going to take some getting used too!
  • It'll take me forever to remember:
    Logano
    Sorenson
    Mears

    I still keep thinking Mears races the 25.
  • It's gonna be hard to not see the 20 and think of Tony Stewart. It's also going to be hard for me to see Martin in a Hendrick car. =(
  • Yup! I am always confused. No only about the driver changes, but I am always confused about the whole qualifying / racing in thing also. I just wait until they tell me who's in and who's out.
  • At least my driver isn't changing anything. I just won't have any idea who he is racing against. LOL.
  • I always am. I keep a record of the race results for my family members who are working during the race to look at, and I still try to put Kyle Busch as being in the number 5. lol :)
  • Yeah Tom we are definitely going to have to brush up on the drivers before going to the track.............NASCAR is getting like all of the other sports with the free agency thing now but I think it is good for the sport.....
  • Not one bit. What's silly season? Simply drivers/owners quit/fire/hire.
  • No I'll be used to it
  • I won't be confused. I am excited to see how Tony and Ryan do, so I will be watching for them in their new cars. I'll be keeping my eye on Mark Martin too, which will remind me to look for Casey Mears in the 07 and Clint in the 33. The rest of them I will have watched enough Pre-season thunder to get to used to all changes.
  • No comments: