24.8.08

If you were driving the #99 at tonight's race...what would you have done?

May be...

  • In Carls i would have nudged him like he did to get him loose enough so i could pass and i would have completely turned into him like Carl did once i was bumped.

    In Kyles I would have tried to block said push and probably take both of us out. So -shrug-
  • 1-If I were in Carl's position, I would've done exactly what Carl did. Push me, I'll push back.
    2-If I were in Kyle's position, I would've just let it be. Carl did nothing to warrant that, I mean come on...
  • I would have done exactly what both drivers did almost. I would have moved Kyle and if I were in the 18 car I would have hit the 99 a lot harder after the race.
  • I would have used the bumper trying not to wreck the other driver. Carl did it perfectly. We all know Kyle tried to do the same. He is simply disappointed because his attempt failed. I can't blame Kyle for his anger, but, all these drivers forget about who they have bumped, or wrecked in the past. That is why they are competitors and fun to watch.
  • aw if only we were but we're not nascar drivers so...cant answer that one
  • It's not like Carl spun him out or crashed him, he just did a nice bump and run..and I would;ve done the same. Kyle always overreacts when it is done to him what he always does to others. If Kyle, I would have let it go.
  • I'm surprised that shrub didn't hit him harder. But this stuff is what I'm talking about!!! Let the drivers race and let them have a personality! I think the fans at Bristol should all get together and tip the 'Nascar Hauler' on it's roof. Rubbin's racin' - isn't that the rule?

    Add: It kind of reminded me of days where Earnhardt and Waltrip were at it. Or Cale and Richard. That is what makes the racing exciting. Let the drivers race.
  • Carl's. I would not mess with Rowdy for an extra 15 points and 10 in the chase It's a curse I tell ya look at the last person to contend with him, Dale.Jr he has stinked badly lately, Kurt Busch after the Nextel All Star Challenge 2 years back consecutive finishes of 17 or worse 7.
    Kyle's I'd spin Edwards and then radio in to Hamlin and say to run him over. And then to Stewart and Stewart to Newman Newman to Kurt Kurt to Matt Matt to Greg Greg to David David to Jamie Jamie to Casey Mears Mears to JR and Gordon you get the impression that I don't like Carl Edwards.
  • I think what carl did was right he should have gone for the win and he did. If Kyle was in carl's position he would have done exactly the same thing. I think "the fireworks" after the race just shows how much passion Kyle has and how much he loves to win.
  • I woulda wrecked Carl. Yes I would have hit him after the race. Call me a sore loser but after the race my emotions would be running high like they do with any good driver so I probably would have hit him. Then by tomorrow morning all would have been good
  • You couldn't have done anything better than what Carl did. And to prove what he did was right, look what Kyle did immediately after the race was officially over. And look how fast Carl reacted to "spank" the young Busch. Kyle shows us how deceitful he is. Carl is just a methodical race winner.
  • I would have put Howdy Doody in the wall,joe gibbs racing have been cheating all year anyways.
  • I can't say what I would have done but Carl could have really messed up the 18 but he only gave him a nudge and spun him around. And in the post race interviews he refused to trash talk against Shrub. That's a class act. I'm an even bigger 99 fan than I was before. What a show!
  • 1. Same thing as Carl.
    2. I would've let it go. I already have clinched the #1 seed in the Chase. I don't need to worry about much except winning the Cup.
  • Just think it's a relavent question for tonight. If you were in Carl's shoes or Kyle's for that matter.....what would you have done??? Would you do what you had to do to win....or would you settle for second. And if you were in the #18....would you have had fireworks afterwards?
  • if i were carl i would do what he did bump take a lead and go like he said busch did it to him at richmond and as for the bumping afterwards if someone does it to you do it back if not than your are being a girly dude

    and busch need to shut his whing homo butt and take second place like a man not go take a cheap shot a carl he did the same thing to carl in richmond and if i recall edwards didnt go bump so busch you cant win every race so take second place and go to next weeks race
  • If I were in the 99 car I would have spun myself out so Kyle would win lmao.

    If I was in the 18 and all that happened like it did I probably would have done the same. Even if it didn't warrant it I would just be too upset losing a race I dominated and wouldn't be able to hold it all in.
  • I agree with Winter Glory. Carl did what any other driver would have done to win. Everyone says they want it to be like it used to, this is how it used to be. Guys would move other guys to get the win. Kyle is the most bump-happy driver out there. He could be 3 laps down and he would bump the leader to get a lap back.

    I just want to add Winter Glory's answer proves why she is one of the smartest and most respected people on here. She is one of the biggest Kyle Busch fans here but she still is very fair in her answer and she isn't biased. She tells the truth. Thank you Winter Glory for showing everyone else here how they should be. You have helped me, I know that for sure.
  • Tonight was a great race.

    If I were Carl Edwards, I would have done the exact same thing that he did. Like Carl said in his post race interview he though "would he do that to me and he has before". Payback is a you know what Kyle.

    If I were Kyle Busch, I wouldn't of done that after the race. He is a sore loser and what does it matter once the race is over. It's not going to change the outcome. The only thing Kyle did was put some damage on both cars that the crews back at the shop have to fix. There was no point to his "payback". And Carl did NOTHING wrong.
  • I would have done exactly what Carl would have done... Sorry Rowdy.. This is the begining of a great rivalry, if these two guys take it to far, the guy in 3rd place might have some fun with this.. Calif next week..Carl & Roush is good there..Bring it on..

    Go Dale Jr & hms
  • I agree with Win Glory, if someones pushes me, I would push back.

    Go Dale Jr.!!!
    Junior Nation!!!
  • I'd of done the same thing [get my bonus pts. to start the chase]
    Sure i'd of been ticked off if I were Shrub [lead all them laps, then be shuffled out]
    Shrub was just getting some air back in his lungs! It's Bristol?
  • The exact same thing. It doesnt matter if I was in the #99 or #18. I loved it, great race.
  • No comments: