29.8.08

NASCAR POLL: Do you participate in some form of racing activity...?????

May be...

  • in the winter after the last race in November and before the Bud Shootout???

    I live near many large lakes in NY and one of the really fun winter activities that I attend is 4x4 racing on the ice. I haven't participated only once and that was as a passenger but we attend a lot. We always have a wonderful time. There is a lodge but we build fires outside and stick around them...roast hot dogs and drinking something to warm our innards. Just a lot of fun to break up the winter blahs.

    ALSO::::: dianne m just had surgery yesterday on her left shoulder and cannot move her left arm or hand, as it's very painful. She will not be here for a few days but wanted to say hello to you all!!!!!
  • Does Track and Cross Country count? That is the only type of racing I'm involved in.
  • Yea, I run a NASCAR Xanga (a blog)

    www.xanga.com/true_nascar_fan

    come check it out, you can discuss w/e you want that is NASCAR on my site...just no swearing.

    lol...and I watch the races every weekend.

    I print standings/results/news each Monday.

    And I follow quals on tv as well.

  • Winter is cold, snowy, yucky and did I mention COLD and like VP Tom said, NASCAR-LESS. Nothing about that screams go outside and play to me. I stay inside and watch NASCAR stuff that I taped durning racing season and didn't watch so I would have stuff to watch in the off season. Yes I know sad but hey a girls gotta do whatever she can to get through the off season:)
  • They have ice racing by where I live as well, but it is usually just front or rear wheel drive cars. I got to drive one in 2 different races at the same event. My ex wife sponsored a car, through the supper club she owned, and at the year end race they allowed specatators and sponsors to driver them. What a hoot that was! Now I do a lot of ice fishing during the off season and have football to watch. I hope dianne is doing well. Have a great weekend!
    3 STR8 N 08!!!
    ps-I still want that chessecake recipe LOL Last night we had our annual Lion's Club pot luck and somebody brought this awesome pumpkin desert. It had some of the best crust I have ever had. I will get that one and swap you.
  • Years and years ago!
    Dirtbikes YZ-125's
  • i don't really to much
    but i live on a hill and there are ice storms some times and the ice gets on the road so me and my sister go all the way to the top and slide down on our butts
    i always LOSE!!!
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

    why did she have surgery?

    EDIT:
    Oh come on Tom Man up i have been out side when it was -14 degrees
    i know what Matty & Katie do http://www.flickr.com/photos/sl54901/280...
  • Used to race go karts back in mid 90's....won a few races....but just couldn't keep up financially....my last race I was involved in a huge crash that totalled my kart and my career. Just race for fun now at NASCAR SPEEDPARK in Concord NC when I can make it down there.
  • Say hi to dianne m for me and to get well soon. Over the winter, let's see. I hate thinking about the winter, it's cold, wet, and Nascar-less but I do play my Nascar video games and I love tracking the new paint schemes down.

    Edit: Lol, I live in the middle of nowhere, I can watch the clouds race eachother but it's too cold to go out. lol
  • where i'm from winter is so long if you don't play in it you'll go crazy from "cabin fever" I beat up my friends racing snowmobiles on the frozen lakes and I do a lot of survival training by mountain biking in the snow. They actually do a bicycle iditarod in Alaska. It's a whole new world. I used to street race and do endurance rides on motorcycles through the western states. I don't street race anymore but I aquired more life through motorsports than anything i've ever done.
  • Growing up I did a lot of racing, but not anymore lol.

    It all started when I was 4 or 5 in the winter time in Kentucky I would race our go kart around the garden in the winter and have fun doing that.

    Then when I was about 9 my dad had this Logging type company and he made a race track in our back yard one day with his bulldozer when I was at school. Then he bought an old beat up mustang for about $500 and took all the windows and interior out and we would go down to the race track he built and race. I had to use a lot of pillows just to see over the dashboard.

    And when I was 12 we bought an actual racing go kart. It was a good family thing and was some of the best years of my life was racing go karts. My first year I won about 8 races and a track championship but it got too expensive so we had to quit. But it was definitely a lot of fun.

    In the winter here now I don't think there's any racing around at all. All the dirt tracks are closed and we don't get enough snow to do some of the cool stuff you listed (Tennessee), but that would be fun. I love the snow.

    I've always wanted to visit Alaska or move there some day. I can't get enough of the snow.
  • I don't but probably should. I live in Tennessee so there are lots of racing things that I could do.

    I hope dianne recovers soon. She is in my thoughts and prayers.
  • As far as auto racing, no. I don't think this counts but I do however go to a lot of horse shows throughout the summer/fall and a few in the winter. There are quite a few speed events as far as barrel racing, pole bending, cross country, etc.

    I go to a few shows in the winter but for the most part I train. I'm starting 3 colts in a few months in driving so hopefully by next spring they will be ready for some of the CDE (combined driving). That also has a speed event, the marathon phase. And of course there is always eventing which has cross country. If it wasn't for all of that I would probably go insane during the Nascar off season LOL. And I hope dianne m is ok and gets well soon.
  • No organized racing but we do also race on the ice. just a group of us get together and it's word of mouth. no one really plans anything. We use our 4 wheelers and sleds. Just good times.
  • dune buggy that's it for land.

    I live in the Fl keys so everything is water around here so I do--Motor boat racing (my friend does), jet skiing, windsurfing (I need a motor for it sometimes,)

    winter blahs for you?-- come down to the keys were at 72 degrees usually in december-february. big pig roasts, the whole hog! lots of fun.
  • We hop on snow machines up through the mountains and across the lake. We too take a little something along to keep us warm inside. my choice is a "taste born of hoary nights, when lonely men struggled to keep their fires lit and cabins warm, boldly flavorful yet surprisingly smooth, there is no spirit like Yukon Jack".
  • I go snowmobiling and we have a great time. We usually don't race though but it's a fun winter sport. Tony and Zippy used to sponsor a big snowmobile race for charity though I never went I always wanted too. I don't know if they do it anymore.
  • Oh Lordy yes! I live in San Diego so; Nascar in Vegas, Phoenix, Fontana. Local dirt track. CORR (Championship Off Road Racing) 20 minutes from my house in Chula Vista. Off road Nitro powered radio controlled buggy. Red Bull air races. Late modifieds at local Edit; Just got interrupted by my room mate. His buddy gave him 2 tickets for Sunday. FREE! That basturd. LOL Anyways, There's a dirt track on a local Indian reservation where they run just about everything. Sucks though. Our local eighth mile paved oval shut down. I even go to the drunk lawnmower races. US Power Boat Assc. on Mission Bay. Twelfth scale radio controlled stock cars on indoor oval much like Bristol. Xgames. Basically, if they sanctioned a race between 2 leaves falling I'd probably watch it. Just to be clear, I don't do all this stuff every week or anything like that but I do see at least 2 events per month in person and never miss a NASCAR race on tv. Enjoy the holiday weekend and please don't drink and drive. Peace.
  • Where I live right now, there's almost always a race or 2 going on all winter long. This year there's the Polar Bear 150 at Rockingham. When I lived up in the cold,icy regions, I had the chance to do some ATV racing on ice - the unstudded tire division. Now that's FUN!!
  • No comments: